GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Gringo Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good wire crimper, I have many connector, like the ones below, that I need to wire into various systems and I figure I might as well get a good tool then mess around with a POS. Anybody have any suggestions? :bowtie:

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
On a slightly diffrent note. I can not seem to find the large crimpers for like 1/0 ond large wire. I had a pair but are now missing. Anyone know where I can get replacements?

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
The majority of all my tools are Snap-On, Matco, or Cornwell. I am sure any other company makes something either the same, or identical.
Craftsman doesn't. Usually Cornwell is my only option for a tool so trivial I cannot figure out why Craftsman doesn't make it, like a rivet gun or a razor scraper.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Craftsman doesn't. Usually Cornwell is my only option for a tool so trivial I cannot figure out why Craftsman doesn't make it, like a rivet gun or a razor scraper.
Odd, but I believe it.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
where do u get connectors like that? It would make for such a better factory look, tia

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
where do u get connectors like that? It would make for such a better factory look, tia
Ratt Ron posted a link above, you can froogle for them - Weatherpack Connectors FTW :head:

http://www.weatherpack.com/

Weather Pack is an environmentally sealed connection system developed by Packard Electric engineers (now Delphi/Packard Electric Systems) to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, moisture, and harsh engine compartment fluids and chemicals with unfaltering performance. It consists of mating heat stabilized polyamide housings (Weather Pack “towers and shrouds”), male and female “pin and socket” Weather Pack terminals and self-lubricating silicone Weather Pack connector seals, cable seals and cavity plugs. The system is rated 0.05–16.0 VDC, 0-20A. Weather Pack connector configurations are available for one to six wires.
Isn't there a super kit you can get w/150pcs?

*edit - Found it. Nice. 608pcs :head: Must have :read:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
what bout the interior ones, (the white ones?) Im deff going to buy these, I just rewired a bunch of crap today to clean up under my dash, like my n2o kit, k40, ect

·
Jason you will be missed
617 Posts
snap on has a blue point and matco also make a pair of crimpers that are not the racheting type that i think work a lot better than the racheting type. they are smaller and can get it to tighter space if needed. i think i paid 26 bucks for my matco ones. but i got a good deal on them through our sk dealer at work. i think they normaly go for 40-45 bucks. will try to find a part number for them.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I love my Kleins

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
I bout some like matco an snap on have from haror fright for 2.99 an still work great 2 years later an heavy use!

·
Snatch Kisses&Vice Versa
61 Posts
Newark Electronics has the crimper you need for that type, they have a website you can brouse...

·
Registered
195 Posts
if your using pins and connectors like that, it would also be a good idea to buy a pin extractor too to remove the pins from the connector block if you accidentally jam the pin in the wrong hole. they are cheap.

·
Snatch Kisses&Vice Versa
61 Posts
Good call on the extractor, it is great to have if you need to get one apart. other wise you end up ruining the pin or the connector...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts