GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I'm wanting to add a kill switch in order to prevent any unwanted starting of my truck. I need to know what wire to tap into, I was thinking of the keyed switch to solenoid wire. Let me know.
My main question is though, can someone provide me with a detailed wiring diagram of the ignition for my '92 Chevy 1500 5.7 350. Or just tell me which wire running out of the column, goes to the starter solenoid. I've tried tracing it back from the solenoid but it goes into a loom that is cram packed.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
ive always wanted to install a killswitch under the dash. i think its a killer idea. good luck with it :rocking:

·
got beer?
189 Posts
what I have been thinking about is putting a relay inline with positive battery cable and putting toggle switch inside somewhere hidden to turn relay on and off.Thinking of maybe putting toggle switch in center console or glove box.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Another thing you may want to think of is having it for the ground for the fuel pump...you have it off, someone can crank and crank and crank, but will never get it started...good thing is that you can keep every other accessory going like radio.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
ive had customers that wire this relay to a turn signal or something. you have to hit the turn signal to get it started. ive seen some to the power window switch etc. there are 100 different things to run it to. ive always wanted one under the carpet so when you step on it, you can start it. i always figured if someone else ever had to drive my truck it would be more of a PITA than its worth.

·
5,501 Posts
JakobMetzger said:
******* dude what do you mean? a fuel cutoff switch or somethin
pretty much...mount it in a hidden spot, turn it off when you need to, that way if someone tries to crank it they won't get gas to the motor.you could prob do it for $5, $3 for the switch and $2 for soem wire...im just too lazy to do it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
ya thats what i was thinking too about the fuel cut off. anyone have any tips on it? my dad use to have a cut off switch that he had to step on to start the truck. the blinker thing is also a good idea.

·
Banned
487 Posts
RedneckDude said:
pretty much...mount it in a hidden spot, turn it off when you need to, that way if someone tries to crank it they won't get gas to the motor.you could prob do it for $5, $3 for the switch and $2 for soem wire...im just too lazy to do it.
Your year of blazer would be easy! :imo

·
5,501 Posts
Yeah it would...considerin i can see my ground wire from the wheel well...just gotta get non lazy and do it...don't know where id mount it tho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts