GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, jsut a quick question, and I'm hoping one of you knows where to find the part I'm looking for! On the NBS trucks, there is the fuse panel in the drivers side dash, on the side. In my fuse panel, there are about 4 open fuse slots that aren't listed as being used from the factory- infact, they aren't even on the factory sheets. Well, these openings are wiring 12+ on one side, but as they weren't used, there aren't any outgoing connectors (hope this makes sense). I'd like to tap into these unused fuse openings for some accessories I'm hooking up, but I can't seem to find the wiring connector that will fit into the fuse panel. I've seen the radio shack blade style fuse taps, but these allow you to connect from the front of the box, not the back like I want. Hopefully this made sense and somebody can help!!!

Thanks! :gmfs:

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
you would have to go back to whoever made the harness and fuse box for GM. I know you wont find it from GM

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aberbaseball7 said:
Why not tap into the front? Dont want the wires running in the front? Is (sp?)soldiering an option?
I was thinking about that, but its not as clean of an install (I'm anal, I know, I know :) ) I don't think soldering would work, as there is nothing there to solder too.. its entirerly a new circuit. Its a blank fuse location in the factory panel that has constant 12 volt in, but nothing out- just an empty plastic recess, and somehow I don't think I'm going to be so lucky to have a 22 gauge female spade terminal fit in with no problems. Never know though, I'll try it this weekend! :burnout:

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
Mine had the 4wd fuse open and nothing in it and I just used a male-female spade and it worked fine.

If theres nothing in those slots It looks like you can take that fuse block out and then just use a couple female spades it in.

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99redsilv said:
Mine had the 4wd fuse open and nothing in it and I just used a male-female spade and it worked fine.

If theres nothing in those slots It looks like you can take that fuse block out and then just use a couple female spades it in.
Thats awesome Red, and just the answer I was looking for! What size spade did you use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts