GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an '03 GMC 1500HD with heated power mirrors, but no signals. Installed the '06-up camper mirrors, but I need to be able to wire in the heat and signal. Do I reuse the plugs off my old mirrors so I can plug into the door for the heat and power adjustments and then tie into the turn signal wire under the dash? I tried searching on this and found very limited info... Any help would be greatly appreciated! :bowtie:

·
Registered
596 Posts
They should be plug and play. I had heated mirrors on my 06 and I put a set of signal mirrors with the lights on the bottom off of a 04 Tahoe and the signals and heat worked. The only thing extra I had to do was program the power fold.

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They should be plug and play. I had heated mirrors on my 06 and I put a set of signal mirrors with the lights on the bottom off of a 04 Tahoe and the signals and heat worked. The only thing extra I had to do was program the power fold.
whoa, realized I was trying to plug the blue plug into the black plug socket...no wonder it wasn't working! They are indeed plug and play!!

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm....the passenger side is working fine....but now nothing on the driver's side switch panel is working, except when I select the driver's side mirror, I can adjust it. No signal, DS power door lock switch and all window switches aren't working. Everything is plugged in as it should be. What could be the problem??? I did cut off the plugs from the mirror before I discovered it was plug and play, so I used butt connectors and reconnected them. If I have a screwy connection on one of the mirror wires, would that cause all my switches not to work??

edit: I said that all DS window switches were working as well as the PDL. I mean to say they were NOT working.

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
even the door light isn't coming on anymore when I open the door.... any ideas?

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
how did you go about programming the powerfold option? I have my 06 with power/heated mirrors and might upgrade to the powerfold/singal lamps, but not sure exactly what is going to need to be done... help?

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how did you go about programming the powerfold option? I have my 06 with power/heated mirrors and might upgrade to the powerfold/singal lamps, but not sure exactly what is going to need to be done... help?
They should plug and play and the signals would work, you'd just run up to the stealer and have it programmed for the power fold feature. I'm not sure, but I don't think it will delete your existing tune (I'm assuming you have a custom tune).

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
MAURO posted this a while back and i saved it incase i found a deal on power fold mirrors, "The driver and passenger door control modules need to be reprogramed for accessory package DL3. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes tops, my dealer charged me around $30 for this when I added power folding mirrors to my dad's 05 Tahoe. The regular switch works fine, just set
the switch to choose sides in the middle, and then press the right
side of the adjusting button to fold them in, and the left side to
fold them out. Hope this helps"

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW, for closure's sake, I did find loose connections and that was my problem. The mirrors were plug and play-

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
MAURO posted this a while back and i saved it incase i found a deal on power fold mirrors, "The driver and passenger door control modules need to be reprogramed for accessory package DL3. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes tops, my dealer charged me around $30 for this when I added power folding mirrors to my dad's 05 Tahoe. The regular switch works fine, just set
the switch to choose sides in the middle, and then press the right
side of the adjusting button to fold them in, and the left side to
fold them out. Hope this helps"
:word: Everything (signal, power adjusting and heat) but the power fold will work when they are plugged in, you'll only have to have the power fold programmed in...:D:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts