GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 sierra xtended cab 4x4. Recently, while hooking up my boat trailer, I found that my left turn signal would not work. A further inspection of my wiring harness found corroded wires. I changed the wiring harness on my truck, as well as completely re-wiring my boat trailer. Now I only have running lights. The fuses are ok. The harness is hooked up ok. Any suggestions? :flame:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Get the wiring diagram for your connector, then get a test light and go through all the connections on the connector and make sure they all work. Or, I think you can get a tester with little LED's on it that does the same thing at a camper shop or something. If its not there then its somewhere on the trailer, in which case I would go through it with the test light.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
best thing to do if you cant trace the problem is pull all the wiring off, and start again. make sure you have good connections on all the wires, and tape them when you are done. chevys have very easy wiring. yellow is left, green is right, brown is running, and black or white is ground depending on where you run it to. if it still isnt working after you redo it, then buy a new connector. if you arent blowing fuses, then that leads me to think that your connections arent good.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I cannot stand wiring on boat trailers or any trailer at that...my family has the worst luck with it...thank god my truck has had no problem, but the jeep we have had a huge problem at first with it, and the silvy just recently had a small prob (blown fuse)...but my dad has rewired most of the trailers we have owned...Just do what lowred said...it really can't be that hard...just like everything else i guess, gotta check the wiring itself and all the connections over really well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts