GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys I Have A Rockford 1000bd Amp....its 1000 Watts @ 2 Ohms And 500 @ 4 Ohms....and Im Running 2 Kicker Comp Vr 10s Dvc 4 Ohm Speakers...what Is The Best Way To Set This Up.....could I Run It At 2 Ohms Or No....and If I Did Do You Think I Would Blow My Speakers.....

Josh

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
you could series/parellel it to get it al 4 ohms mono, or run each speaker per channel for 2 ohm stereo, your choice. You could try it at 1 ohm mono and risk blowing the amp and killing the speakers with distortion, Id do stereo

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
94flamds10blazr said:
you could series/parellel it to get it al 4 ohms mono, or run each speaker per channel for 2 ohm stereo, your choice. You could try it at 1 ohm mono and risk blowing the amp and killing the speakers with distortion, Id do stereo

dont laugh if this is a stupid question....but its a mono amp so how would i run it in stereo.........

·
Registered
255 Posts
Joshs2002Silverado said:
dont laugh if this is a stupid question....but its a mono amp so how would i run it in stereo.........

you can't. you can either wire those subs for a 4 ohm load or 1 ohm load, since you amp isn't 1 ohm stable, 4 ohms it is

look here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts