GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am hooking up 3 led lights onto my tool box. I have a 6 led red bar and 2 - 2 led amber markers. I used a trailer wiring harness to hook it all up so I can just unplug it if I ever need to take the toolbox out.

On to the problem. As of right now the center light lights up with the tail lights but not with the brakes that is fine tho. The problem is with the ambers. They blink fine with the turn signals and the hazards but I just tapped into the trailer wiring on the truck to power this so they also come on solid with the brakes. I'd perfer to keep the ambers as I work construction and that's why I put these on there in the first place. If it is too dificult to seperate out these 2 functions (brake and turn) ill just buy 2 red lights

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
If you want it to come on with the running (parking) lights as well as blink, yeah that might be a little more difficult. You can tap directly in to the blinker wire, but then they will only blink and thats it.

What kind of truck is it?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the truck in my sig. Ill just get red ones and return these. It'll take me 30 seconds a piece to swap them out. I'd get in trouble running around with ambers that come on with the brakes right?

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
I have sigs turned off.

But yeah. Possibly, depends on your local/state laws.

·
Registered
2 Posts
couldnt see your sig either but im assuming that your truck DOESNT have seperate amber turn signals in the back? if not, i would tap into the FRONT turn signal wiring, that way the ambers wont light up with the brakes, only signals/hazards, make sure u tap the signal wire of the front light(s), not the park light wire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts