GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DO IT OR DONT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday i was working on my truck starting to install my cb radio. Didnt end up hooking up the radio because i ran out of wire connectors. So i just ran the cables.

Well today i go out to start the truck and it wont start. The fuel pump gauge is pegged all the way past full and the truck just cranks no start. Any idea what the problem could be.

Im 95% sure i didnt nick or loosen any connectors , dont know where to start.

Please help

Thanks Kyle

·
DO IT OR DONT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah as far as i can tell everything else seems fine i can tell the fuel pump is not engaging so im guessing either bad fuel pump or i pulled some wire under the hood for the fuel pump but all the wiring looks fine under the hood , i cant imagine the fuel pump would just stop dead.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
My dad's did on his 94 Suburban. He was driving in a field and bam it just died. Could be a fuse or the fuel pump relay too.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
check fuses first. If its a TBI motor pull the air cleaner off and have someone crank the truck over while you watch to see if any fuel is coming out of injectors. That will eliminate fuel pump.

Mine wouldnt crank out of the blue a while back and I thought it was fuel pump too. Tested to see if I was getting any spark and hardly any. The wire from the coil to dist. was corroded and wouldnt give enough spark to let it run. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts