GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
tyckrider
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an 88 K1500 Cheynne about two weeks ago and it's giving me a headache.I had to replace ignition set and switch ,lock set went bad,replaced both pieces while I was at it.After I drive it and it gets hot it will not start after being cut off,no solenoid click or anything.Any relays in line anywhere?Any sensors involved?Help!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Bought an 88 K1500 Cheynne about two weeks ago and it's giving me a headache.I had to replace ignition set and switch ,lock set went bad,replaced both pieces while I was at it.After I drive it and it gets hot it will not start after being cut off,no solenoid click or anything.Any relays in line anywhere?Any sensors involved?Help!!!
Check the ground wire, it may be to small or not grounded good. high temperatures from the motor will bring up resistance in a wire and if its a bad ground or small ground wire it would cause a drop in voltage that could be big enough to cause a no start issue when the motor is hot. I hope this helps good luck

·
Banned
366 Posts
could be a bad starter or solenoid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem a few yes back on my 87 k5.5.7L, Th700r Tranny. When it would get hot and I would shut the truck off to park to go to store, when I'd get back in to start it, Dead. I first changed the Starter,same problem. I looked carefully and saw all the wires from the starter to the fuseable link were burnt to the semi conductor from leaning up against the manifold. There's a pipe that runs from the back of the Block in front of firewall to the starter. I also bought a small densor starter so there would be more space ..Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts