GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you live in some areas of Florida, Louisiana or Mississippi and use Shell/Texaco/Chevron gas and your fuel gauge doesn't work Motiva Enterprises will fix it.

I dunno if that caused my fuel gauge to not work, but they sure are replacing the unit. Of course the only fuel we can get is Texaco, Shell or Chevron. So it probably did screw it up.

http://www.interactclaims.com/shell/

·
[>
3,255 Posts
What was wrong with the Gas (?) that was causing Damage? :insane:
First I have of this story

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem in my 2000 4x4. I live in Tennessee and Shell gas is the only gas I use. I read the article, but nothing was mentioned about this happening in Tennessee. Does anybody know if the porblem is confined to just FL and LA or is all over the southeast. My guage has been acting crazy for months now. Anymore info on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

·
2,451 Posts
tntrucknut said:
I have the same problem in my 2000 4x4. I live in Tennessee and Shell gas is the only gas I use. I read the article, but nothing was mentioned about this happening in Tennessee. Does anybody know if the porblem is confined to just FL and LA or is all over the southeast. My guage has been acting crazy for months now. Anymore info on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
im not sure, you wiuld probly have to prove to them that their gas caused the problem

·
Registered
232 Posts
had same problem, i just fixed it my self. pull out the sending unit and look at the float level arm. there are a couple electrodes that run across a pair of sensors. i just took a screwdriver and pressed them down farther so they always make contact. you can do it in a morning

1 - 9 of 9 Posts