GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 99 Gmc Sierra ..I was thinking of updating the front to the new 03-06 Sierra grill and bumper/valance...Are the bumper brackets the same or do i have to gt new one's??? And is there any other thing i have to do?? Or will the grill and bumper just fit right on?? Please help me out someone i hate to take this thing apart and not have half the shit i need...Thanx:hmm:

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
need new frame horns and bumper brackets and new bumper and grille shell for sure...and possibly reinforcement not sure about that tho..how ever that reallly starts to add up really quick

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
they will be sold as bolt ons...but yes u have to cut the old ones off and bolt new ones on...i trade my truck from 04 sierra with stock clip to denali clip i had to get new frame horns, brackets, and reinforcement. id recomend the denali clip if anything prolly be lil cheaper for ya

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would really like to go to the 2006 Silverado front clip but Thats gonna me a shit load of money.......Be nice to find a wrecked one or something...

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
EDIT: I'm a dumbass and can't read

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
I would really like to go to the 2006 Silverado front clip but Thats gonna me a shit load of money.......Be nice to find a wrecked one or something...
sounds exactly like the same thing im looking at man! i too want to do a 03+ silvy clip. as mentioned, you do have to cut the frame horns and weld new ones on for the 03+ front end. as far as the 03+ GMC grille shell, it simply pops in place of the old one. at the moment, im running the 03+ shell with my 99-02 bumper.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n51/xlcooplx/03grilleshell.jpg

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
for the most part...i believe it is basically when the body style of the vehicle changed all the front end hard parts changed. ex. 99-02 and 03-05 possibly 06 sierrras have different bumper mounts and shit

·
Registered
166 Posts
xlcooplx, how much did u pay for the grill shell? where did you get it?
that looks pimp with the old bumber and new shell, i think thats what i might end up doing

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
id rather have the newer front end too

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
they will be sold as bolt ons...but yes u have to cut the old ones off and bolt new ones on...i trade my truck from 04 sierra with stock clip to denali clip i had to get new frame horns, brackets, and reinforcement. id recomend the denali clip if anything prolly be lil cheaper for ya
the bolt on ones suck though, I had bought them after I rearended some girl in the rain last year and they made the bumper too low and didn't allow it to sit level since they can only be installed in one position (due to the frame being convoluted in the middle). However, the upside is once I moved to do my HD convo and lower the bumper all I had to do was unbolt them and cut the bolt mounts off with a plasma cutter and reweld them :bowtie:

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
with just nothing but a weld on frame horn though...u risk not having a straight bumber cause u reallly dont have a guide to go by..on my denali clip i bolted them on and then tacked around the hole thing and that seems to do the job pretty good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts