GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stars and bars aficionado
2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SL Z71, 5.3 Vortec V8, 4X4, Red, Extended Cab, Automatic
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is where I'll be continuing my discussions and questions about my truck. When I need help, or after I've done something to it, things like that . It's a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 5.3 Vortec 4l60e tranny np246 transfer case and 8.6" rearend

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after all the work I've done getting my truck right I wanted to degrease and clean everything one last time. You know, since nothing leaks now and all, she'll stay clean. But I didn't feel like covering shit up and I just used a water hose and wasn't spraying full blast, I thought it would be ok. I didn't realize that one of the plugs to one of the coil packs was missing it's rubber protector inside it. It was full of water and not firing on that cylinder. I took all my plugs out and cleaned them and put dielectric grease on them and the wires and coil plugs and dried up all the water I found. We went ahead and changed an o2 sensor I needed replaced. And I changed my oil and filter too and put only the royal purple oil in this time. Drove all the way to town and back after erasing codes and not one time did my check engine light come on. Not even for the evap system which I think is weird but I'm ok with that. Maybe the o2 sensor was causing that problem idk. That's the 1st time since buying the truck last March that I haven't had the check engine light on and I love it. And my truck is running so smooth and has so much power. I hope my gas mileage gets back to where it used to be cuz it did at one time get pretty good mpg for a truck. More than I expected it to anyway. The last few months tho it's not been getting very good mpg and it sucks. But maybe now that she purrs she will. Now I just gotta clean her inside and out and one day soon I'ma do a complete wax job by hand with the rubbing compound, buffing compound, then wax. I hate waxing by hand but the results are lots better than with the spray wax so I'm actually anticipating doin it. I'm so happy about my truck right now, u love how awesome she's running it's amazing.

·
Some dude on the internet
693 Posts
Your Evap code might come back at some point. The conditions and drive cycles have to be met for that monitor to complete. Just treat it as a separate issue when/if it does come back on.

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It says vent valve solenoid circuit voltage intermittent so I think the solenoid needs to be replaced...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts