GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About to add my woofers in the back and was wondering if I should go make some 0 gauge wires to upgrade the charging system under the hood or if the factory stuff would be sufficient. My Tahoe dimmed the lights at night so I’m thinking I should add a battery isolator that charges the batteries separately but didn’t know if the factory alternator on a diesel would be better. Box is built just have a few braces to put inside, carpet and a few finishing touches.
Edit: also the box is 7.6 ft^3 tuned at 30hz with a 83.25in^2 port for optimum airflow 2- kicker 15” L7s on a zx1500 watt amp

·
Super Moderator
6,157 Posts
I'm running ~2600 watts in the 67 with the 02 duramax charging system. 2/0 cable from the batteries to the amps and starter. From the alternator I ran some 2 gauge I had laying around because I ran out of the 2/0. It seams to be keeping up fine 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: _Cynic_

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im running a 1000 watt system in a 2011 with just a second battery and 4 gauge to the second battery and then the amp. No big 3 upgrade and doing just fine with no issues or dimming when its full tilt.

I would suggest running 1/0 with a second battery to start and if you have any problems then do the big 3 upgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts