GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I be a poser if (after I lift my truck) I put on the Z71 decals? My truck is a 4x4 and has every option that A Z71 would have except the shocks. When I lift it I'll get new shocks and there would essentially be no difference between my truck and a lifted Z. The reason I want to do this is because I like the way the Z71 sticker looks and I'm sick of people assuming I have a 2wd (not that I honestly care what they think) but it seems like the subject comes up allot and the sticker would keep from having to explain it to everyone.

Let me know what you think.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Hell no, go ahead and put the decal on. However, I doubt once its lifted anyone will think its a 2wd.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
no that would not be poser. but i agree that nobody will think its a 2wd when you lift it.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
it would be no more of a poser than anyone else who lifts a Z-71 and leaves the stickers...either way their is no Z-71 stuff left on it...go on ahead and do it if you like.

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
Take all the stickers off when u lift it... $0.02

9,778 Posts
RedneckDude said:
it would be no more of a poser than anyone else who lifts a Z-71 and leaves the stickers...either way their is no Z-71 stuff left on it...go on ahead and do it if you like.
:word:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I'd leave off all stickers...You can do everything to it to make it a Z71, but it still wouldn't have a Z71 build code, so technically, in the eyes of many, it is not a Z71.

I've watched this debate before with tons of pages on the subject whether a trans am with all the WS6 pieces put on is a true WS6...in reality it is still missing the build code so its not what the owner is portraying it to be.

In short, leave off all badges :read:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
go fer it! but i wouldn't run the stickers on it when you get ur lift.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I agree with builtnotbought99 I don't think they will mistake it for a 4x2 after the lift. I'm not a fan of stickers though so i'd leave them off.

But if you like the look dude go for it.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Badassilverado said:
As long as you just put them in the factory location I'd go for it.
yeah, theres nothin worse than people puttin them too low or too high on the bedside...looks like total ass then...

·
88&99 fullsize
69 Posts
I dont like them my self. I took mine off the day I brought it home.

·
trucknut
412 Posts
What I dont understand is the people who pay the extra $ for a Z71, and then turn right around and lift it, essentially trashing what they just paid more for :LOL: :insane:

·
Registered
41 Posts
maybe they dont know there is a cheaper option...if someone walks into a showroom and wants to buy a Z71, no one is going to try and sell them a 4x4...and since the Z71 has a corvette engine in it, why not, right :read:

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
steveoh1 said:
maybe they dont know there is a cheaper option...if someone walks into a showroom and wants to buy a Z71, no one is going to try and sell them a 4x4...and since the Z71 has a corvette engine in it, why not, right :read:
?
All the 99+ have the LS1 based engines in them, so there is no engine differences when going with a Z71 or a regular 4x4

1 - 20 of 32 Posts