GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I wouldn't do it. its gonna be lacking power off the line. why something so agressive too? and that much lift is pointless on stock heads...

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
what size motor

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 2005 chevy silverado 5.3L long tube headers, cold air intake, custom syn dyno tune, 3 in off road y pipe corsa exhaust,

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
its a 2005 chevy silverado 5.3L long tube headers, cold air intake, custom syn dyno tune, 3 in off road y pipe corsa exhaust,
You wont like the low-end. The huge headers and catless y-pipe are gonna add to that problem.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but this cam woould make up for it up top right? but if i do install the cam with the converter that would be a plus right?

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
but this cam woould make up for it up top right? but if i do install the cam with the converter that would be a plus right?
I wouldnt use that cam unless you knew FOR SURE you were going to get a stall. Without, you will not like the low-end. I vote for a 2800-3000 stall.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea im gonna run a stall i was just wondering how it would work without it but yea i was thinkin maybe like a 3000 stall or 2800>?

·
Registered
264 Posts
3000 or 3200 stall with a 224/224. 2800 would be too low.
Also make sure Syngery will retune it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea imma have synergy retune the truck although im getting it installed some were else but yea how many rwhp should i expect from this size cam?

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I'm running a 224/224 on 112 lsa without a stall in a 5.3L ecsb and let me tell you, it BLOWS HARDCORE off the line. Just a bit of a reference:
From a dig my buddies single cab 4.6L f-150 will have me beat until about 40 mph, and at 100 mph I have about 3 or 4 trucks on him.

From a 20 mph roll to 100 mph I have about 10 truck lengths on him

Without a stall it will be fun as hell from a roll, but until about 3k rpms it's a joke. I'd still do the cam before the stall though if I had to do it again just because I drive all highway so it's fun doing 60-125mph runs.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
its gonna be lacking power off the line. why something so agressive too? and that much lift is pointless on stock heads...
:word:

That cam would do great with about a 3000-3200 stall and some heads; the stock heads are good but with that much lift you won't be able to get the full benefit.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
It'll blow ass. Too much lift, too much duration, etc.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
work those heads a little bit and put a 3200 converter behind it and you will be alright.... but I have a feeling thats not what you are wanting...

-it seems like a lot of guys are looking for "lope" not performance. with that being said, you can go with less duration and lift, so it will be a little more street friendly and go with a tighter LSA so it will still sound pretty decent... a 212/216 with .550's lift on a 111 sounds very nice and runs hard too... I heard one this past weekend in a 5.3 single cab. It ran very well with a 2800 converter.... just food for thought.

·
Registered
603 Posts
even a stock motor would benefit from a stall. TB stall would be suffeincent for that cam

a 224 isnt large at all and is actually a good overall cam for a RCSB truck. run some 410s and 2800 stall and youll be fine. if you could get a 3k thats even better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts