GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove the truck the other day and parked in a deep ditch parallel to the ditch. I noticed when i pulled in and the rear was in the ditch and partly on the road the truck kind had a quick thud. Then did the same thing later on at another place only i pulled in head first with a slight angle and it did it again but it was less noticable. Would this be my Detroit just engaging more harshly since the areas i was pulling in was wet and i was pulling off dry pavement when the locker would have been unlocked? Ive had the thing engage before when ive done burnouts but both tires were on pavement so it was locked from the instant i floored the gas and never felt it. Just curious cause i havent ever had any issues before

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool i was hoping it was just that. Ive never had it lock up like it did or just never noticed it because i was in a low traction setting. I think the only reason i noticed it these two times was because the one tire was still on pavement while the other was in the ditch causing it to engage

·
Registered
494 Posts
My G80 will make some nasty noises sometimes. The first time it did it I thought I blew my rearend.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My G80 will make some nasty noises sometimes. The first time it did it I thought I blew my rearend.
Lol my g80 never made any noises, until i actually did blow it :ninja:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Lol my g80 never made any noises, until i actually did blow it :ninja:
Well maybe its something else? :think: Maybe it'll just blow up. I am ready for some 4.10s and a REAL locker

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well maybe its something else? :think: Maybe it'll just blow up. I am ready for some 4.10s and a REAL locker
Is it just a clunk when putting it into gear or reverse or what exactly happens?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is it just a clunk when putting it into gear or reverse or what exactly happens?
Naw, it only does it when I know its engaging. For example, wet grass. I can be on wet grass and I can feel one tire start to spin, then bang, both tires start to spin. Its nothing obnoxious but you can definitely hear it.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Naw, it only does it when I know its engaging. For example, wet grass. I can be on wet grass and I can feel one tire start to spin, then bang, both tires start to spin. Its nothing obnoxious but you can definitely hear it.
Hmm ive only heard of them beign that aggressive when they are getting close to failing. Then again if you arent the original owner somebody could of changed the fluie and put LS additive in, which isnt needed, and that could be affecting it. Maybe somebody else will chime in

·
Registered
284 Posts
The G80 is loud, no matter what.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts