GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a nice mild static drop for my daily until I can afford to bag it. In the mean time I want decent ride quality and to retain some towing capability w/o the use of helper bags. I'm looking at using DJM 2" control arm in front and Hotchkis 4" leafs in the rear. Does anyone see any problems with this? would it be a good set up? Where would be the cheapest place to buy these components?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
a 2/4 is a nice drop if you wanna tow. A few guys said 3/5 will bottom out, so 2/4 is about the lowest. www.stylinconcepts.com has decent prices, but great service. sport truck direct is usually pretty cheap. DJM, Belltech, and Western Chassis are your best bet.

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was mainly looking at the Hotchkis rear leafs because they advretise that the truck maintains stock towing characteristics. opinions?

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DemoN said:
now...correct me if i'm wrong...but it's easier to bag if you already have the DJM flip kit and the DJM LCAs, right? if you're going to bag...get the calmax II and start it off right :D
with a 4/6 of that nature though I'm going to have to run some helper bags in order to haul my jetskis and boat around and thats not something I'm really looking to do since I would just pull them later when i fully bag the truck.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yea, the leafs should work fine. I've seen a few guys running them. They ride a little stiffer than stock, but's more of a performance feeling. You could add a shackle in the back for a 5" drop, and get the 3" arms and install a c-notch since you will need one for the bags. It would have less fendergap than the 2/4, therefor looking cooler

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beyond Static said:
Yea, the leafs should work fine. I've seen a few guys running them. They ride a little stiffer than stock, but's more of a performance feeling. You could add a shackle in the back for a 5" drop, and get the 3" arms and install a c-notch since you will need one for the bags. It would have less fendergap than the 2/4, therefor looking cooler
Thats a damn good idea right there! :rocking:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts