GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been trying to think of a new way to do a shock mount I dont want to do it on the side of the frame bolted on to the lower control arm cause I dont want to lose my turning (if you knwo what i mean). But the idea I thought of was inside the engine compartment have a arch or whatever you would like to call it welded onto the fram and the shock bolts on top of the upper control arm would it work or is this just some lame idea of mine cause I think it would work good but I just wanted to see what you guys think and its somethign I have never seen before

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Don't think you'd havr such good ride with it that way, plus you have to think about room for everything when the front is laid out. I have 2" McGaughy's spindles and my shock mounts are welded to the LCA's and I get a crazy amount of turning radius.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
It would work....but I've done a few obs bag jobs with sidemounted shocks and I've never had any turning radius issues....

Cameron

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I have to room I have a v6 so I have alot of room. But the turning radius deal is I have a friend with 18s and he rubs. and I have 20s but I want to be able to :whip: a Uy if I have to without it rubbing. And the idea I was thinking is something you dont see everyday, or I have never seen it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It would def. work, If you built extensions to come up to capture the top of the shock coming through the fender well. Then I would suggest building a cross support like a strut tower. I have seen that done on a few hot rods using a nice billet shock and it looks super sweet !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts