GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just got a second chance offer on ebay. think I should pull the trigger?

Its the set of 4, pretty decent shape from all the pictures he sent me. they are the stock 17's

·
Maniac
692 Posts
If that's what I wanted, YES!!!!!!!!!! Good price, at $75 a wheel. And free shipping? What are you waiting for??????

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well one question, can I swap my TPM Sensors to these wheels or would I have to buy new ones?

·
Maniac
692 Posts
um?? I don't know, hopefully someone smarter than me will chime in.

·
under construction
297 Posts
Yea the TPM sensors unscrew and will come out so you should be able to transfer them. I should know because I broke 1 or two of them changing tires when I worked at the chevy dealership. Those sensors are expensive.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thanks or the heads up, Then you just do the reprogram thing in the DIC once you install the tires?

Im waiting to hear back if he will do them for $250, otherwise ill be sending out the money after he replies

·
under construction
297 Posts
Yea I believe those wheels your gonna buy come with the sensors from factory somtimes, I think its an option. Yea they will just need to be reprogrammed. You can reprogram them manually or take it up to a dealership and they will use a module to reprogram them

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
You'll have to get new valve stems for the TPMS sensors, you have to break them to get em off. You need the OEM ones.

And YES that's a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet how much do the stems run, are they pretty cheap?

·
Maniac
692 Posts
You'll have to get new valve stems for the TPMS sensors, you have to break them to get em off. You need the OEM ones.
What? So if I got new wheels, say the XD 797 Spy in 18x8.5 with 18mm of offset or back spacing or whatever we're calling it these days, I would have to BREAK the valve stems on my stock 17" wheels in order to get the TPMS off? And then get new valve stems to put the TPMS on my new wheels?

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
The stems are meant to be a "one time use", they cost about $10ea, plus you gotta pay the installer to break yours loose, pull the sensors, then remount and balance with reg stems in those.

I sell new GM OEM sensors with new stems for $80 shipped, which is about what you'll pay to swap yours with the added cost of new stems. Plus its easier to sell your factory wheels/tires with sensors in them.

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
i have a set with tires and sensors i'm about to get rid of. make a decent offer. i have someone who already wants them.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Get different wheels IMO. TPMS Sensors come out of your wheels and you will need new valve stems. I paid 5.00 each at Les schwab here in CA for each stem.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hes gonna take $250 for them. I really just want some stock 17" alloys, not looking to win any car shows here. The work truck rims with the chrome skins just aren't cutting it. Its a good deal so ima go with it.

·
Throttle Jockey
279 Posts
Get em.

Oh, and 2 kinds of stems.

1. Screw ins, look like a bolt with a nut

2. Slide ins, sensor slides into the stem.

Changed tires for 7 years, either way you'll be fine.

·
GMFS Member
259 Posts
You don't need to buy new sensors, just the valve stems, you can get them all four from gmpartsdirect.com for $32 shipped.

the valve part number is 15263240

1 - 20 of 36 Posts