GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it sounds sick as hell! Was heasitant to spend that kinda money but damn, it was worth every penny. Can't keep my foot out of it. Definately glad I went SPORT over the TOURING.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I love my Corsa sport! Also but from what I hear if you go with long tube headers most people don't like the rasp that the sport puts out. You have to put a small round muffler in front of the sport muffler to quiet it down.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the sport on the Denali, sounds good when I nail it but you can't tell if its there during normal driving. Thinkin of LT's.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I had a sport for about 2 weeks with my pacesetter longtubes and ORY. It sounded like complete ass at part throttle. I hated it.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
from what ive heard the rasp comes from not running cats, if you get a catted Y pipe it sounds good. i want to hear a 5.3 w LTs cats and corsa cuz thats one thing holding me back from getting LTs

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much are LT's? what power gains do LT's give you?

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
how bout a sound clip??

def go long tubes. my pacesetter LT's were about $379. def got a pretty good power gain, but u gotta get a tune after LT's

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I had a sport for about 2 weeks with my pacesetter longtubes and ORY. It sounded like complete ass at part throttle. I hated it.
HA, yeah thanks buddy. :killer: Didn't see that one listed anywhere during your sale!
Not really complaining, as it's a nice set-up for a nice price, but I just find it funny that you don't mention any of this until after money is in hand. :think: No worries though, I know, just trying to make a sale...

So anyway, I'm now running RandomHero's Corsa Sport set-up dumped before the rear axle, and with Thorley 310Y's and deleted cats.
Its LOOOOUUUUUD.
It's fun as hell if you're driving like an idiot rippin' around, but it gets annoying when you just want to take it easy. Cruising speed isn't bad at all though, pretty quiet actually, but the worst part is when you just want to accellerate easily away from a stop light, like when a cop is eyeballing you, or when you're trying to maintain 55-60 up a long incline, then it rattles ya'! I think it's even worse since I have a 3600 stall and have to rev it to get her moving, but, I can deal with it for awhile, at least until I get a resonator welded in there or something.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how bout a sound clip??

def go long tubes. my pacesetter LT's were about $379. def got a pretty good power gain, but u gotta get a tune after LT's
ill get one tomorrow and post it.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
Dynatech Supermaxx long tubes with cats FTW, expensive but they are pure sex. I've seen them on a truck in person and love them.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
HA, yeah thanks buddy. :killer: Didn't see that one listed anywhere during your sale!
Not really complaining, as it's a nice set-up for a nice price, but I just find it funny that you don't mention any of this until after money is in hand. :think: No worries though, I know, just trying to make a sale...

So anyway, I'm now running RandomHero's Corsa Sport set-up dumped before the rear axle, and with Thorley 310Y's and deleted cats.
Its LOOOOUUUUUD.
It's fun as hell if you're driving like an idiot rippin' around, but it gets annoying when you just want to take it easy. Cruising speed isn't bad at all though, pretty quiet actually, but the worst part is when you just want to accellerate easily away from a stop light, like when a cop is eyeballing you, or when you're trying to maintain 55-60 up a long incline, then it rattles ya'! I think it's even worse since I have a 3600 stall and have to rev it to get her moving, but, I can deal with it for awhile, at least until I get a resonator welded in there or something.
If you want a response to this, I'd be glad to give a response to all of this. If not we'll let it rest.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I love my Corsa Sport on my otherwise stock Z71...so much so that I'm thinking about running a Corsa on my GTO that has 1 7/8 Kooks/3" catless mids. Fuck the rasp...I love the no drone thing w/ Corsa.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Fuck the rasp...I love the no drone thing w/ Corsa.
That is one thing I would trade in an instant. When you are cruising with the corsa it is extremely quiet. I just wish part throttle wasn't so annoying.

·
Unofficial Thread Killer.
756 Posts
Ive had mine for 4yrs and i love the sound and you cant beat stainless...

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Corsa :rocking:

Naw man, sounds great as is! :crazy: You definitely need to get something welded in front of the Corsa muffler, the rasp is a bit much :imo

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
I loved my Corsa touring until I took the cats out. I sold it soon after.

it's amazing what people would do for money...
:think:

If your talking about Mark, he sold a Corsa Sport system. It is what it is. Hes in no way obligated to tell someone that he doesnt think it sounds good with long tubes.

Some people dont mind it, others hate it. I hated the Pontiac Azteks, that doesnt mean GM was in the wrong for selling them because I thought they looked like ass.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
it's amazing what people would do for money...
Ok I'll offer my input since **********(quoted above) wanted to step in.

I sold him my 2 week old corsa muffler and intermediate pipe for $400 including paypal fees and shipping.

I NEVER made a thread about it, the dude pm'ed ME about it. He never once asked how it sounded or why I was selling it. I even included an extra torca clamp for free. The setup was in awesome condition and I had no idea what his setup was. I told him exactly what he was getting and shipped it to him within 2 days of him paying(it may have been the next day I forget).

Either way, I have copies of every single one of his PMs. I never lied, screwed, or scammed anyone. It's a fucking $1000+ exhaust setup that was missing a tip and rear piping. I sold the tip for $75 and I still have the rear pipe. Either way he was getting an awesome deal

So explain to me how I'm a liar, cheater, or a thief? Nothing was wrong with it at all. It's the best and most expensive setup you can buy for someone with cats.

Nothing pisses me off more than when people question my reputation. Go fucking kill yourself(intended for guy above who's mom apparently missed his brain when she was fishing around in her cunt with a coat hanger before he was born).

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts

Its LOOOOUUUUUD.

Weld a resonator in front of it...ie: dynomax bullet

1 - 20 of 39 Posts