GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Too Buku
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you guys don't mind,....i'd like to start my own "member projects" thread to post the rebuild process of my truck. I"ll be adding to it every step along the way. Here are the carnage pics to start off with. I know most of you have already seen them but i would like to make this thread a "start to finish" blog.

Ok, here we go....

wreckss6.jpg

wreckss5.jpg

wreckss4.jpg

wreckss3.jpg

wreckss2.jpg

·
Too Buku
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Step 1: Parts Accumulation

BIGGER AND BADDER THAN BEFORE IS MY GOAL

P1010017Large.gif

P1010016Large.gif

P1010015Large.gif

P1010018Large.gif

P1010022Large.gif

P1010020Large.gif

P1010019Large.gif

P1010021Large.gif

·
Too Buku
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Besides the new frame, upper & lower control arms, ball joints, tie rods, and stock fendes/grille/bumper/bumper cover, etc....the upgrades include a Goodmark Cowl hood, hotchkis sway bars, edelbrock shocks, custom grind comp cam, comp 918 springs, comp ti retainers, comp pushrods, crane double timing chain, AMW catch can, custom 4" carbon fiber air intake, SLP 100mm MAF, a brand new BIGGER intercooled supercharger, and a nitrous outlet wet nitrous kit. although i have decided NOT to paint the frame, the axle, all the suspension parts, and the underbody all will be painted.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
paint the frame while its bare, theres no reason not too, but Im looking foward to see this build, take every pic along the way. :read:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Paint is a must. Color match everthing. :imo

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Sweet man looking foreward to updates. I say leave the frame black and paint suspension stuff to match for accent. But I would spend the extra and powder coat. If your going to go all out, you might as well go all out.

·
Too Buku
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE:

Today got the engine wiring harness disconnected from the truck and got the bed off. Couldn't have done it without Quik and wkdivr, thanks guys. I'm beat, here are the pics, i'm going to bed.

Joshstruck020.jpg

Joshstruck013.jpg

Joshstruck012.jpg

Joshstruck008.jpg

Joshstruck004.jpg

Joshstruck016.jpg

·
Too Buku
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
made very good progress today. got the engine, trans, xfer case, rear end, and fuel tank out today.

Joshstruck027Large.jpg

Joshstruck049Large.jpg

Joshstruck048Large.jpg

Joshstruck034Large.jpg

Joshstruck050Large.jpg

Joshstruck036Large.jpg

Joshstruck039Large.jpg

Joshstruck051Large.jpg

Joshstruck045Large.jpg

Joshstruck055Large.jpg

Joshstruck032Large.jpg

Joshstruck031Large.jpg

·
Too Buku
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aking today off after 3 straight 14hr days working on this thing. Yesterday got entire front suspension and driveline off the old frame and bolted up to the new one. The old frame has absolutely no more parts, bolts, etc. It will be gone to the scrap yard this week. The rear end is painted up and ready to bolt in. Fuel tank, Trans and xfer case cleaned up and ready to go. Got the engine assembled with new cam, springs, push rods, timing chain, oil pump, and m122 all cleaned up, painted, and ready to go. Couple set backs is that Richard at WCCH sent me the wrong cam so have to take it back apart to swap cams once the new one gets here. Quik does not know this yet, so i'm sure he'll read this and get a game plan together on switching cams HOPEFULLY first thing saturday morning. I broke the timing chain cover taking the old front seal out so i had to drive 1.5hrs to pick up a new one courtesy of "pewterss" from JJ's Automotive in Bridgeport, PA. Thanks Brian! Also, the moutning for the evap box was different on the new frame so we had to cut the bracket off and weld a new one on courtesy of wkdivr. Other than that, no major problems were encoutered.

progress027Large.jpg

progress026Large.jpg

progress025Large.jpg

progress023Large.jpg

progress018Large.jpg

progress017Large.jpg

progress013Large.jpg

progress028Large.jpg

progress006Large.jpg

progress005Large.jpg

progress004Large.jpg

progress002Large.jpg

progress001Large.jpg

progress021Large.jpg

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
nice buildup....good to see that you kept it instead of totalling it out.

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts