GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know where to get a 130 or 200 amp ALT ASAP? Cheap also, I read somewhere on here or the LS1Tech Board about 200 amp alt for $120. Any help will be great!!

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
umm,, Do a search for these names
Mean Green Alternators
Ohio Generator
Stinger Electronics
Delco Automotive
Lightning Audio
These companies all make alternators, you just have to shop the best price, If I could find a 200amp for 120, sign me up.

·
Banned
164 Posts
I just got a brand new 130amp alternator off ebay for $100 shipped. Any bigger than that, like a 180 or 200, won't be a direct bolt on. You will need special brackets or something...I forget.
Also, if you switch to a 130amp alternator (which are on the 6.0s) you will need a 6.0 serpentine belt.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
2k1Sierra said:
I just got a brand new 130amp alternator off ebay for $100 shipped. Any bigger than that, like a 180 or 200, won't be a direct bolt on. You will need special brackets or something...I forget.
Also, if you switch to a 130amp alternator (which are on the 6.0s) you will need a 6.0 serpentine belt.
Naw, you can get a 200amp ACDelco that will slide right in. I put one my 02. The only thing you need is a new power cable. It was about $300 with the power cable but well worth it.

Here is where I got it... http://www.4alterstart.com/

They had good service to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts