GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I assume you asking for an lsx based 222/224 cam?

Please humor me and tell me why you must have a 222/224 and only that cam?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha...well if u got somethign else lemme know!!

everyone ive asked has told me thats the cam i should get if im not going to be towing....
and by the looks of the video i just saw it looks like its doin good in that truck.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
haha...well if u got somethign else lemme know!!

everyone ive asked has told me thats the cam i should get if im not going to be towing....
and by the looks of the video i just saw it looks like its doin good in that truck.
A tr220 a tr224 a 222/224 a 226/226 patriot. Basically anything to that extent will perform very well.

Also your title won't get you many bites seeing as how a 222/224 is applicable in any lsx based engine.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
any low 220's duration GEN III cam will be great in there... try looking on LS1Tech too... tons of cams over there for sale all the time... this one shouldnt be too hard to find either since its considered fairly small for most of the LS guys... you can probably pick it up cheap used from someone upgrading and going bigger.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
any low 220's duration GEN III cam will be great in there... try looking on LS1Tech too... tons of cams over there for sale all the time... this one shouldnt be too hard to find either since its considered fairly small for most of the LS guys... you can probably pick it up cheap used from someone upgrading and going bigger.
Werd, that's pretty much what I was getting at.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive been thinking about signing up onto ls1 tech for a while now...
ill give it a shot...
ive been checkin ebay for months but havent found anything descent...
thanks guys ill try ls1tech

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
I saw more than 3 cams this moring in that range IIRC... you'll definitely get what you want over there

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I saw more than 3 cams this moring in that range IIRC... you'll definitely get what you want over there
Yep I bought:
Comp 224/224 Cam
Comp pushrods
Manley valve springs
Manley titanium retainers

all that cost me $350 shipped. The pushrods were brand new too.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
cant beat that at all IMO...

-you definitely run across some fukin deals dont ya bro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts