GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have connections? :secret: I was just searching through old threads and saw Josh used to be able to get them for $289. I'd snatch that up in a heart beat.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Do you have to have a Ranch Hand or can it be another brand? The Ranch Hand's are trash in my opinion anyway. I'll sell you my Ranch Hand rear bumper if you have to have a Ranch Hand. It has the 10" drop with the reverse lights. If a substitue brand will work I can probably get you one fairly close to $300.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:hmm: I just bought a tv, so i don't have money to spend right now. But when I get to college station I plan on working so i'll definitely be considering this.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
RH is great quality and fitment, they flow with the trucks well, i woudlnt buy anything else.
rear bumpers are pretty much all the same as far as their mount design i would think, its a matter of the actual bumper stlying to where each has their own preference, etc.
front bumpers are another story.

·
GMC & IROC-Z
348 Posts
My brother in law is a distributor for RH and can drop ship anywhere. Let me know what you are looking for when ever you are ready, and I will get some prices together.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Ranch Hand's quality is not great by any means. Their powder coating flakes off when you barely tap anything. My rear Ranch Hand's powder coating chipped when I hit a plastic trash can going all of 3 mph at the most. I've bumped things at the same speed with my Tough Country front bumper and don't have a single flake on it. Secondly, the bolt on receiver for the rear bumper became unusable after less than a year because of rust. When you put the ball mount in and take it out it scuffs up the inside of that receiver, and the powder coating flaked off and then it rusted to the point that I couldn't put another 2" ball mount in it. As a result I put an Iron Horse receiver on the Ranch Hand bumper and I've had no problems with it and it's been about 2 years.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'd rather go through kyle and get a new off brand one for 25 bucks more. I just haven't gotten a job down here yet. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Yeah no shit, getting an enjoyable, decent paying job up here is tough. I'm trying to find a job around College Station at another truck accessory place, but no luck as of now. Good luck man and let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts