GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, me and my buddy were out on a little thursday night cruise. We were sittin at a stop light when this shiny black Dodge Neon pulls up. :LOL: Yes, a Neon. At least it didn't have hubcaps, and it had a hellova wing on tha back thar. I look over and smile :ninja: and he revs it up and i'm like, this will be fun. OK, we take off and the thing is 2 car lenghts ahead of me by 35-40mph. I let up and my bottom lip starts to quivver as my so called friend starts to make fun of me. :bawl: I was dumbfounded. :insane: We were talkin to some cats in a parkin lot and my loudmouth friend told them what happened. They said it was a SRT? or somethin like that and it has beat several mustang gt's in town. :read: JUST thought i would warn u if a neon pulls up and wants to race, DONT DO IT! :crazy: Jake

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
hahah yea, its pretty damn good for the money. I think it runs like 14s?

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
word, they run about 14 flat bone stock, and there are turbo upgrades from mopar that have them close to 12s. i thinks its americas way to tell imports not to fuck w/ us, so we beat them at their own game. :ninja: :LOL: :guns:

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
yeah the turbo option is only like $399 from the factory or something...wish they had that option on my truck... :ninja:

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
is it just me, or is it just weird to read about a little 20k car outrunning lightnings, camaros, cobras etc. just doesnt seem like it should be possible. :insane:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
When I read this thread I knew that I had heard about this car before and I dug out some of my old ricer mags (I wanted A CR-X before my friend talked some sense into me :slap: :nutkick: and convinced me get a truck.

Anyway I got some specs on this thing.

Dodge neon SRT-4, SRT=Street racing technology

2.4L 16 valve DOHC Turbocharged Four cylinder

Five speed manual trans

205HP

0-60 in 5.9 seconds

All at a price tag off $19,995

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Same thing happened when the GN came out and GM killed that one since it was spanking GM's fleet machine.

Cameron

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
jdrake19, your sig is too long

and holy crap 20 grand!! my buddies WRX cost $24k and its no faster than the neon

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I never realized that the SRT-4 neons were that fast...i know to be careful now...it is pretty badass that some domestic companies are producing quick 4 bangers that will show up the majority of the imports...and for jsut over $20,000 it isn't a bad price.

·
Registered
736 Posts
04HEMI said:
is it just me, or is it just weird to read about a little 20k car outrunning lightnings, camaros, cobras etc. just doesnt seem like it should be possible. :insane:
True...But its still a neon...A NEON, nobody gets laid in a neon.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Those little neon's are surprising alot of people lately :whip: As Will mentioned, they can be made into 12 second cars cheaply and easily...beware :ninja:

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jeff said:
jdrake19, your sig is too long
FREAGGIN Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
Atleast it wasnt a Honda :guns:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts