GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"...needs more tire..."
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't say burn it :lol:

Ok, so while I'm getting things rolling on another big project... I feel I need to give my DD thing some tlc. Since I know nothing of the lowered scene I figured I would seek professional GMFS advice ofc.

So taking that under consideration... What kind of 2014 update does this thing need? I need to start somewhere. It's got the whole "90's murdered out" theme going on and it needs to be smacked no matter wtf it costs...

As it sits:

Now, I'm not talking interior, audio or performance. Just exterior to start...

Here's what I was thinking:

Rear:
- Sir Mi Roll Pan
- Handle Relocate
- Shaved gate Top Cap
- Shaved 3rd Brake Light.
- stock tails w/LEDs maybe candied...
- LoPro Bed Cover

Sides:
- Sport Mirrors or CM stocks? Sport Mirrors rice nowadays?
- AutoLoc Shaved door Handle Kit
- Retro fit Denali Cladding (Since it's a C3)
Idk yet about this lol. Might be rice if not done right...

Front: Whats new nowadays? I was thinking
- Stock Chrome Denali Grille shell
- Polished Billet Grille
- Stock Cleared Heads
- Stock Cleared Running/Turns

Wheels/Tires:
- obviously there's thousands of combinations out there, especially with tire sizes, offsets, suspension choices, wheels ect ect... I can figure all that out here shortly. All I want to know on this subject is; what's the "new new" nowadays? I like the deep dish look so is going like a 22 or 24 x 14 and a narrowed rear axle the thing to do nowadays if you got the money? We talking wide billet Intro's here?

Anyway, thanks guys for steering my truck in the right direction. I need your help to get this thing looking clean and show that at least I know wtf I'm doing lol

Any feedback on these matters would be helpful. I appreciate it.

:shake:

Sent from my iPhone 6

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Since it's just your DD I wouldn't throw all that money at it just cause you're bored...but we all know how you are!

I'd start with denali grill w/ red GMC emblem, clear signals, painted handles, new silvy tails that aren't tinted, get windows tinted, and new exhaust

·
I WANNA GO FAST!
113 Posts
You mean people here know what "they" are doing? Lol nah j/k since you're asking what to do to it. I'd lose the Denali front myself and throw on a regular 03-07 front maybe with or without billet inserts round fogs cleared heads and markers. And maybe the classic hd hood Also. Not sure I'd go as far as staggering the wheels though. The rest sounds good. And tint the Windows. Fix exhaust. Done.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
You have too many vehicles haha. If this is a DD, why do some simple stuff and just drive it... new exhaust, chrome grill shell, clear corners, OEM tails, eskys, chrome mirror caps. done.

·
Yes, they are mine
205 Posts
Stock lights, chrome denali grille, red gmc emblem, tint…done

Edit:Cut gay ass exhaust tip off and do turn down

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
id replace lights. drop it a bit. I think the denali bumper hangs down more than a stock bumper so you cant go too low with it

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Major stuff - Back Half on cantilever with bags, 03-07 front with HD hood retro, 22x12 Forged 5 spoke of some kind in back.

Minor things - CM stock mirrors, shaved, roll pan.

I mean, if I had your money that's what I would do :insane2:

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
oh Rocky no matter what you do it'll bean awesome DD, we all know what your capable of!

BTW: Have you had any interest in Big White?

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
I'd put gas in it and drive as is

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
just say no to roll pans :imo

·
ROB
3,022 Posts
Why are you so worried about what's "in" or "new" these days? Just do what you like since it's your truck.

I wouldn't do much to that truck at all though. If you have to change it just keep it simple, headlights, parking lights, tail lights, exhaust, and a black billet grille. Nothing wrong with the colormatched grill shell, plus it matches the back bumper.

I don't mind the wheels but it would look awesome with a different set of oem wheels from a newer truck. There are so many nice wheels to choose from the past few years. GM wheel designs have been kicking ass for a couple years now.

Edit: Forgot to mention tint like others have said.

·
Banned
4,048 Posts
SS cladding and rear bumper, supercharger, clear oem headlamps and denali turn signals, Baer brakes, and go a little lower :thumbsup:

·
"...needs more tire..."
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SS cladding and rear bumper, supercharger, clear oem headlamps and denali turn signals, Baer brakes, and go a little lower :thumbsup:
I like the SS cladding idea! Actually there's a wrecked 04 SS I could rob parts from tbh... No tranny/engine and lots of frame damage out back but I could pick it up next to nothing just for the parts. I got a friend over at that local junk yard that owes me a favor too. A complete used conversion would actually be cheaper than what I was originally thinking. It has a complete front end & interior on it still;
- heads
- turns
- grille
- Complete bumper
- 90% of the SS cladding too, and it's already black...

I think the seats and most of the interior is up for grabs as well. The hood is all jacked up but my buddy has a stock 12' NNBS HD hood he was going to use on his HD conversion, I think this kind of a update would look pretty sick. The HD hood retro'ed to fit would be nice & different. I bet it would flow pretty well with the chevy NBS lines & SS cladding. He's been wanting my Chrome SS 20s for awhile now... Maybe he will swap me for his alloys & that hood.. :hmm:

Thanks for the ideas guys! I got a good plan going. Should look sick. I'll post before/after pics when complete. :thumbsup:

·
Yes, they are mine
205 Posts
Leave it denali. They are rare and look better than ss IMO. If you do HD hood, use the old style HD not the new IMO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts