GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i parked next to a guy with a totally stock z71 today. same setup as me. ecsb obs. he had 285/75s on stock rims. i have a 3" body lift and 31" xterrains which arent really 31, more like 29-30.

ANYWAY his truck was exactly the same height as mine, except for the nose which was an inch, if that lower because his tbars were stock. his bed was probably a little higher too. i checked, he did not have any kind of lift.

this explains why i rubbed my xterrains really bad when i had them on the truck when it was stock.

BUT WHY IS MY TRUCK SO LOW?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
z71s aren't taller and the tire only accounts for at most 1.5"

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
They are different trucks. Z71's typically have stiffer torsion bars, and a slightly higher cgvw. This means stiffer suspension, and a slightly higher ride height. Several different rpo's got you stiffer bars.

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
about the real lift - there's a rancho in my garage waiting for some new tires to come in.

i know the z71s can come with stiffer bars, but his angles on the front were all flat, dead flat. the lower control arms were totally level with the differential mount. mine are maybe an inch deeper than that.

i think i'm missing the "stock" rear block... i don't have any kind of block between my leaf pack and the axle. should i?

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Grant
The '88-'98 body style did not have factory blocks. Its the '99-'04 trucks that came with them.
from fsc.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts