GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it down between 325/80 r16 x terrains and 36x14.5 r 16 trxus sts all terrains. I got a 6" fabtech and 3" body, i'll be adding coil and ball joint spacers to fit the bigger tires.

How long do x terrains and sts's usually last? thanx

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Ive got close to 30k on my XTs, and could probably get another 15 if I pushed it. They are great tires, I love them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx bro, Im going with the x terrains..... pro comps got the buy three get one free deal going.....it should be called "buy three for a higher price and get one free", but fuck it, i'll save 120 bux.

maybe I'll get the trxus next time

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
i vote for the trxus STS, would look great on your 2wd

·
6,656 Posts
I think its funny the STS got so popular. When they first came out everyone hated them! I still am not a fan, but they are a decent AT tire, I will give them that. Just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
I think its funny the STS got so popular. When they first came out everyone hated them! I still am not a fan, but they are a decent AT tire, I will give them that. Just not my cup of tea.
:word: i think they look pretty good for show but i wouldn't use them for any kind of off-roading. they just dont look like they could do anything. but thats just my opinion

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
I'll test out the STS offroad for ya soon, i a curious as well!

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
I've heard that STS are a decent all-terrain tire, but damn, they are ugly as fuck.

·
Registered
832 Posts
i doubt there is much to test....they are good in sand and you will have to spin them like crazy to go anywhere in mud....just like any other AT. I'm thinking of rolling them on my trooper since it will be my DD soon (I hope!)

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
and x terrains arent trendy??? they are so popular that pro-comp RAISES the price on there tires all the time. IMO pc is outrageous. especially that new 40 inch tire for a 20 inch wheel. 650 dollars. wow talk about competing in a market when people can get STS for 20s for ALOT cheaper.

in 315/75 size, the xterrain is 50 bux more than a BFG mt now(4wp add). 25% more money is a little much.

both of these are awesome tires. i like the STS a little more on the pavement but with the buy 3 get 1 free deal the xterrains are a reasonable price. but i wouldnt pay for their 37s honestly.

·
6,656 Posts
Never said the XTs werent trendy, I just think the STS are fugly :anitoof: Also the XTs will outperform the STS offroad from what Ive seen... I do agree with the prices though, they need to get back into reality!

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
yeah if only the STS was a little more aggressive. they are totally sand and street tires. :anitoof:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
my x-terrains sucked in the mud, i couldn't stand them and my bfg all terrains honestly cleaned themselves better. I seriously think the STS will allow me to get out of ruts wear as the x-terrain directional tread was keeping me in them because the back tires would be going straight into the rut, and the fronts would be turned so i would just be going straight constantly and couldn't dig out.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Stu Meat said:
Badass!!! What part of the ATX is that at?
old spicewood springs road

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
sweet, ill have to check it out some day after work. wheres that boy rizzo been. he not sign up? :bowtie:

·
6,656 Posts
Hmmm thats funny that you say your XTs didnt clean to well, mine always did. They were no swamper TSL but I would call them more agresive than BFG MTs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts