GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a dumb ass question but I just got an 04 Silverado and it came with an XM radio, who ever installed the antenna put it right up front and a little more over towards the passenger side and it looks like crap IMO and I was wondering if was possible to take the damn thing off, or am I stuck with it, I think this is a dumb question BC I know there must be wires going to the radio and therefore must be a hole in my roof but I thought maybe there is some kinda cool way to hook it up that I don’t know about or something. If NE1 has info please let me know, Thanx.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
It's permanent mounted and runs through a hole in the roof... All of them are off center and at the front, thats one of the location XM recommends for antenna placement.

You can get window mounted antenna but they suck ass and don't work in all locations.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
99redsilv said:
It's permanent mounted and runs through a hole in the roof... All of them are off center and at the front, thats one of the location XM recommends for antenna placement.

You can get window mounted antenna but they suck ass and don't work in all locations.
I have a Terk roof mount(ran it for about 2 months now)...never had any drop outs and I've driven it from Tulsa to Dallas before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts