GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
SyTy Speed Shop
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, on my 03 Silverado, i have the factory BOSE system, and while i know alot of people think its junk, i happen to think its perfectly fine. I know when you install the factory nav system in these trucks alot of people get the LUX headunit and you have to upgrade to the Y91 amp, i bought a Y91 amp off ebay the other day, and wanted to know if i can go ahead and put in the new amp with my non-lux headunit along with the slave 6cd changer, all in preperation to install a factory LUX nav headunit. Or will the LUX amp not work with my non-lux stock headunit.

And, please everybody that is going to say the factory nav is junk and im better off going aftermarket, save your comments, ive read all the threads about this, but for my purpose and the look i want, the factory stuff will be just fine, and cheaper, and less appealing to thieves.

Also, im pretty sure i can install the slave 6cd changer now, with the cd/cassette my truck has now, can anybody confirm or deny this as well?

Thanks for the help, as always its much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
PM Cmatt.... he did the lux update. No, the amp will not work. The radio needs to be reprogrammed via a Tech II. The BOSE radio sounds fine, and Matt said the difference in the LUX pdate was noticeable, but almost not quite enough to warrent all the trouble of changing everything around. Why don't you get the non lux bose nave unit?

After driving my truck around for a few months I appreciate GM's BOSE AKA BLOSE design. Yes, it has no strong BASS, or crisp Treble, but what it has is a warm mellow sound that fills the cab at equal levels so you just hear the music w/ out really noticing where the sound comes from.

Mr. 960

1 - 2 of 2 Posts