It's out of a van and threw a belt on and appears to line up. I may have misspoke with saying LS3, that is what I was told and I can't keep up on all these motors, lol. Actually starting in on this I wish I would have bought a wrecked GTO was it would have had most if the parts I needed but here we are.just an fyi if thats a van 6.0L the waterpump will work and the pulley will be fine. If its an LS3 than it the belts wont line up as they're spaced out or in I cant remember which
I bought the adjustable mounts from dirty dingo for the Camaro and they are really nice. I needed some wiggle room so I went adjustable since I don't have a lot to work with. Less dicking aroundI guess I am sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly with you guys. We noticed a little rust from underneath on the driver side so purchased a new floor pan already, passenger side looked brand new. Going to seal everything up and then put in Dynamat and Dynapad in that I have left over from the white Chevy that Dynamat sponsored back in 2013.
Dropped a bare block block in to check fitment and the motor mounts I have, from when this motor was supposed to go on an S10 frame for a 48 pickup, won't work. Trying to decide if I should cough up the $150 for Dirty Dingo mounts or cut these up and remake some. GTO oil pan looks like it should work with minimal reshaping on the frame. From a quick look we may not have to modify the firewall or trans time tunnel but need to gut one of my 4l60e teams to know for sure.
Progress today, will hopefully get it vacuumed out and the old sound deadening scraped it more. Wires will be cleaned up once Dynamat is down.
Was about to be able to Flintstone it, really complimented the lack of motor.