GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of searching about this so heres a new post.

1999 k2500 454. Brakes pull right when stopping. This happens after what seems the brakes heat up not when I first drive the vehicle.

I have changed out the proportional valve, replace front calipers/pads/rotors. Checked and adjusted rears a few times. if I get the rears just right either one may begin to bind after driving for 20-50 mins. and Ill have to stop and cooll them then drive slow.

My main problem is the pulling to the right and hard to stop with or without 6500lb boat on the tow.

Since this happens after like I said the brakes appear to be heated from use what could it be??

[email protected]
Philomont, VA

Scott

·
Registered
129 Posts
Whadup Scott..

Did you replace the front hoses?
The New rotors Turned?

Most of the time on older (10 Years Old) Trucks the Brake Hoses start to swell up inside making it harder for the caliper/calipers open corect..

The other thing it can be is the Master Cyl. Crack both lines coming out of the master and see if they both have good flow and make sure both flow about the same amount..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whadup Scott..

Did you replace the front hoses?
The New rotors Turned?

Most of the time on older (10 Years Old) Trucks the Brake Hoses start to swell up inside making it harder for the caliper/calipers open corect..

The other thing it can be is the Master Cyl. Crack both lines coming out of the master and see if they both have good flow and make sure both flow about the same amount..

Thanks for the imput. No I have not changed out the brake line but that is now on my list. Im going to do a complete brake job. Front and rear job and get the drums turned. Come to think of it I cant remember if I did put new rotors up front with the remannd calipers and pads.

Where can I get SS braided lines for the front and read or can I just go with the regular replacement? I normally use autozones top of the line stuff and get the parts ordered up online while Im traveling out of town.

I se they show a set of drilled/slotted rotors but they are not available. Wheres the best source and price for those??

Thanks

Scott

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
Sounds like a hose problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts