·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my truck. Not much to it but Im wokrin' on it! :naughty:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Nice start. I love the rims, but it needs to be LOWER...lol...but go ahead and make fun of my truck since it does sit WAY too low...but really, you have a good stong foundation to work off of. It seems like you are goin for performance a little more than looks...what do you have planned?

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RedneckDude said:
Nice start. I love the rims, but it needs to be LOWER...lol...but go ahead and make fun of my truck since it does sit WAY too low...but really, you have a good stong foundation to work off of. It seems like you are goin for performance a little more than looks...what do you have planned?
High to mid 13's. If not better. I cant go lower cuz my dam tires are too big. I wasnt in the "know" about drops when I ordered them. Ill burn them off, get some 275/45's and get the 2/4 dorp Ive been wanting! Im gonna need a new 'verter here before long. Then after that the tranny will probably blow up. So, a beefy 4L60 will be in order. I really want to see about getting that F.A.S.T. LSX intake to fit on my truck. Just to see how well it performs. But I dont think it will work. I need a money tree!!

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i like it with the big meats and stock height!

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2" drop in the rear.... Although it doesnt look like it.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Golfboy,

What are your rim/tire dimensions?? Also what drop do you have??? I am trying hard to see what drop I can go with on ym huge tires. But from what some have told me, they are too big for a drop. I may get some coils just to try it..

·
Registered
50 Posts
man the shoes that are in that pic are literally as big as one can go without rubbing. They are 18/8.5 Moda R7 wrapped in Pirelli Scorpion Zero's 285/50/18's on a 3/4 drop.

There is maybe a 1/4 inch clearance all the way around and I never rubbed at all. Wheels cut all the way and hit a creator kinda bumps too!

I would try a 2/4 the back should be no problem. The front should end up about like mine looks in the pic. Hey BTW need a Hotchkis rear sway bar? Brand new, never installed, with all hardware...
Consider the following that made the biggest difference in the appearance of mine besides the shoes and drop...
-*fully de-badge*
-Z-71 T-Hoe front air dam with the round lights
-*Street Sceen Cal-Vue electric painted mirrors*
-roll pan
Kyle

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That pic you posted looks good though!!! I checked out overall height on a calculator... My 285/50/20's would be 31.2 and your 285/50/18's are 29.2. So an 2 inch difference and you have a 3/4 drop. Hell, I might be able to shove a 2/4 on there! I might take ya up on that Hotch sway. Give me a few days.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sweet.(on the drop) take your time on the bar. It's paid for and just hanging out in my garage.

Like I said the rear should be perfect. The front would take a 2" coil, but you might have to put a small spacer in there to keep from rubbing on the turns.\
here is a pic to give you a better idea on the clearance...

And this is to try and push you into the mirrors... :naughty:

Kyle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts