GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
this
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear yoke now moves up and down about 1/4 inch. That would be a dead yoke bearing correct? could it be from a bent housing?
I had to rev the engine and dump in reverse this past weekend and heard a 'pop'. I pulled the front dif cover and all was fine. I didnt have time to pull the rear cover so im not sure about any damage to the rear dif

movement here:

i did that damage and blew out an exhaust gasket in about 2 minutes..im getting pretty good at breaking my shit

·
this
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is a 12 bolt, i just left the truck on the trailor, i will wash it before i get ready to work on it.
Thanks guys. we rebuilt the axle back in november so the other bearing should be ok. I drove it about only 1/2 mile back to the trailor so im not sure if it banged up anything else. I was hearing all kinds of new noises but i couldnt tell where they were coming from over the noise from the exhaust. When i pull it apart i will check it all out and know then for sure.
appreciate it.

·
this
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the frame and most of the drivetrain is 76, the body is 79, the doors are 82 and the engine is 84..what? it is a bog truck!? ha!
i hate putting anymore money into the 12bolt and D44 but it might be next year some time before i can get around to the 1 ton swap. SO..i just get to keep breakin/repairing what i got.

·
this
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im running 4.56's
ive got a 14bolt FF eaton w/ limited slip 4.11's, i am going to trade it and my 12bolt to a guy for his 14 bolt FF that has a detroit locker in it and 4.65's. The only prob is right now im running a full time 203. If i put that 14bolt in, it would send all of my power to the front (less resistance) and since im open dif in the front i would only have 1 wheel turning at all times..and that would blow!
I got a 208/T400 im going to put in with the 14bolt, but like i said..it will prob be next year for i get around to it.

my truck:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.