GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know more about these but cant find anything good on em, got some links?. Also if you have one, where did you get it and how much?

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I just bought one on ebay for $40. They're just old A/C compressors that are like being given away. They sell with the air commander kits for like $600 but that's with all brackets and junk too.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Mine burnt up in 2 days from lack of oil I think. It's warrentied though, and airlift is taking forever to get it back to me. They've had my compressor for about 2 weeks now. bad service.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I've heard some of the compressors do burn up from the lack of oil. I guess just always check the oil every now and then. I know the first order of buisness when mine gets here is to tap the exhaust side port and plug it. That's supposed to eliminate the oil problem. :read:

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Beyond Static said:
will that burn up the compressor by not allowing oil to get into the compression chamber?
YES. That is a solution to the problem of the compressors passing a lot of oil, but when you plug that hole, the compressor runs very HOT.

Kyle how did you blow your compressor in 2 days??? I've had mine over a year with no problems other than a couple broken belt and a busted oil/water separator. :pow:

Did you empty out the esther oil that comes in it and replace it with 30w? Details, man! :D

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
ive been running my york for about 8 months no problems...but i check my oil once a week...i blew a head gasket once thats it...i better knock on wood...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
YES. That is a solution to the problem of the compressors passing a lot of oil, but when you plug that hole, the compressor runs very HOT.

Kyle how did you blow your compressor in 2 days??? I've had mine over a year with no problems other than a couple broken belt and a busted oil/water separator. :pow:

Did you empty out the esther oil that comes in it and replace it with 30w? Details, man! :D
I used the compressor the first 2 days I got my bags. I used it a ton in those 2 days, which ended up using all the oil. When the new compressor comes in, I will replace the esther oil with 30w. I didnt know about that until a few weeks ago, after it burnt up. Airlift accidently shipped my new replacement compressor and clutch to some guy in Ohio, so I've got to wait another week to get it in. :flame: It's been about 3 weeks with no compressor now. :bawl:

·
Registered
299 Posts
[QUOTEso its just the luck of the draw if i get one? i guess ill just have to run a backup small nitrogen tank somewhere.[/QUOTE]

im goin to be running the air commander engine driven comp and i would like some kind of backup to fill incase it goes down. How do u set up the nitrogen tank to the air, just an air hose between the two with a fill valve in there. sorry for goin off topic i didnt want to start a whole new thread on this!

·
Registered
546 Posts
my friend has a extra airlift he'll prolly sell you never been used before brand new ,, $800 ,, he was gona give it to me if i could git him and this girl hooked up ,, but that didnt happen lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts