GMC Truck Forum banner

781 - 800 of 830 Posts

·
94grounddweller
111 Posts
So I've read almost this entire thread and I have two valair comp. And I was thinking of going with a egc and I am getting accuair. Is there going to be any problem with this setup. I'm worried about gumming up the accuair manifold. Will the oil/water trap going to catch everything? And also when I do the oil mod it shows in the right up two different pictures were to put the sheet metal screw at, do I put it on the suction side?

·
Registered
392 Posts
An EDC will work with accuair, the instructions with the accuair kit show how to wire it up.

The water trap will catch most everything, but you have to make sure you empty it often.

I have an EDC and I did NOT do the oil mod. I just check the level every month or so and also drain my water trap and tank when I do have to add oil.

·
94grounddweller
111 Posts
An EDC will work with accuair, the instructions with the accuair kit show how to wire it up.

The water trap will catch most everything, but you have to make sure you empty it often.

I have an EDC and I did NOT do the oil mod. I just check the level every month or so and also drain my water trap and tank when I do have to add oil.
Thanks.

·
Registered
852 Posts
iirc the airlift kit is for the york 209, did autozone give you a 209 or a 210?
It came with a 209 and so did autozone but the holes didn't line up. But I found the part number on the airlift kit instruction and was able to find them in several websites

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, great thread, just read the entire thing sparingly over the past couple days.

My question is this and sorry if it's been answered:

I bought the Grainger unloader genie http://www.grainger.com/product/CDI-CONTROL-DEVICES-Unloader-5A705?s_pp=false
And was wondering where to put it in the system?

I was thinking:

York > Leader line > Water trap > Unloader Genie > Check valve > Air line > Another trap maybe > Tank (pressure sensor and other stuff will be on tank)

Thoughts???

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an almost complete Airlift bracket kit for sale if anyone is looking. Brand new. Comes with everything pictured:

btw, I'm new here, but not on a lot of other forums. Lmk if you want a reference.

Email me at: [email protected]

Thanks,
Bryan

·
94grounddweller
111 Posts
Camdiddy is your EDC still running good sence you put it back on a wile back. And does it not consume oil any more?

I ordered my 210 on Saterday and I'm so excited.

·
Registered
157 Posts
has anyone taken the stock alternator pulley and tig welded a vbelt pulley to it? I'm looking into doing this since I have an extra alt pulley and can get vbelt pulleys from work or even the local TSC. the concern I have is trying to figure out how to align the two pulleys before welding them together.

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #800
has anyone taken the stock alternator pulley and tig welded a vbelt pulley to it? I'm looking into doing this since I have an extra alt pulley and can get vbelt pulleys from work or even the local TSC. the concern I have is trying to figure out how to align the two pulleys before welding them together.
Yes have done that for my buddy that has tree service truck an wanted on board air on a super budget. Been 2 years with no problems.

781 - 800 of 830 Posts