GMC Truck Forum banner

801 - 820 of 830 Posts

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Doing good man! How the hell you been? You ever get that 6 link on?
It's still sitting in the garage. I've got side tracked raising my Grandson which we adopted last year. I still have the truck and he has been eyeing it up. Looks like I better get started on it cause he wants to drive it when he goes to high school.

How's the family?

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #805
It's still sitting in the garage. I've got side tracked raising my Grandson which we adopted last year. I still have the truck and he has been eyeing it up. Looks like I better get started on it cause he wants to drive it when he goes to high school.

How's the family?
Thats awesome you adopted him. Me and my son are doing awesome! Looking at getting a nbs 2wd ex cab soon! Woot

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, 06 GMC Sierra, 4.8L, Little Shop Mfg junk-yard dog kit, York 210, Serpentine, blah blah. Any way to fix this? As you can see (if the pic shows...) the pulley doesn't line up exactly. I put the new belt on and had it in the grooves and whatnot. But when I cranked the truck, the belt moved over... I know about the v-belt "change-over" but is there a way I can fix this or is that my only choice??

Attachments

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
What water trap is everyone running? The airlift comes with 1/2" correct? Mines been clogged so been using my viairs for too long lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
SMC 1/2" is what I am using. I've had it for a few years with no issues. I drain it about once a month and change the filter every 6 months. Been holding 200 PSI with no issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is my set up somethinh i desing works really good....
Is this something you make and sell or just made to work for yours? I bought a bracket from the jeepspeedshop and it doesn't even bolt up. It was welded wrong. The guy asked me what engine I had, like that really made a difference.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have one for sale come off of a 5.3L vortec with brackets and everything needed accept the pully that goes on the alternator. you have to make one or but one cheap part

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have one for sale come off of a 5.3L vortec with brackets and everything needed accept the pulley that goes on the alternator. you have to make one or but one cheap part
Pics? And you definitely have to make the pulley I've tried getting one and you can't order them anymore.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Is the alternator pulley included with airlift kit full replacement or an extension of factory? I need to remove mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is a true statement. my old 1-ton with a 454BB, i had a york 209, then a york 210 on it. well I could hear the belt "chirp" I could hear the compressor kick on by engine rpm, the comp sound, the chirp. Well ryans truck with the unloader. MAN she sounds smooth. You can hear the clutch engage and then you can hear the engine RPM drop a little once the compressor builds up pressure and starts working. NOT instantly working hard off the bat like normal. The line pressure to the comp. head is empty. so when it turned on it goes from 0psi to lets say 145psi in the line first. then overcomes the checkvalve and starts to fill the tanks up. it makes a WORLD of difference! :read: Honestly me and ryan where talking about it and from here on out I think we will use a unloader on EVERY comp we put on anything. electric or EDC. hell all shop compressors have it that I know of. without it when the comp turns on INSTANTLY it has to overcome that 150 psi.. this way it gives it a second to build up pressure (even if it IS just in that few feet of line) But that starting with no pressure on the head HELPS so much. :shake:
This may have been answered but where can I find the unloader and pressure switch that you are running?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think im gonna go with a sanden sd508 making the brakets for the sanden conpressor now i just need to get the compressor..,the york compressor has some vibration on the truck and belt dont like it anyone running sanden compressor here.

Here is a picture of the sanden compressor bracket tga is gonna go on the curren york compressor bracket desing making new all new brackets to where is just gonna be a bolt on after I weld it so you dont have to align the belt each time you remove the bracket

20161117_103449-1.jpg

·
umm...hello.
102 Posts
Upgraded from my york 209 to a 210, along with a replacement leader hose, new brackets, and some fitting replacement coming off my water trap. The brackets were from lil shop, got the upgraded 210 thru them also. Great kit imo, has everything needed and pulleys line up well. I had to shim both the bracket and the edc on my old airlift kit.

20180427_163437.jpg 20180427_163446.jpg

801 - 820 of 830 Posts