GMC Truck Forum banner

821 - 830 of 830 Posts

·
umm...hello.
102 Posts
Yah, me too. My old compressor used quite a bit of oil. I checked and added oil regularly. When I pulled off the old leader hose, it was pretty gunked up inside, almost closed off! I think that was a factor in the failure of my first compressor. We'll see how the internal mods of the SML help out with this

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a new member here and have been reading thru the entire thread of the EDC. Unfortunately many of the links do not longer work and Kilbey is no longer around.
I'm looking to build a EDC system..
I have a York 210..
I'm going to need certain fittings for the head..can someone tell me what they are and a link to purchase them.
I'm also going to need a list of things needed to complete my system.
If anyone can help with part names,links...please do..
I'm new at this so be patient..lol
Thankyou

·
umm...hello.
102 Posts
@firechkn how's the SLM compressor working for you?
It's working great. I haven't had any problems with compressor oil blowby, just water draining from my water traps and tanks now. I did a thorough inspection of my system a few weeks ago (since I've put about a few hundred hours on it) and found no issues with any of the new components.

·
Big Louie
3,007 Posts
What's everyone doing for an unloader? I was thinking of putting a normally open valve on a tee between the aftercoolers and check valve on my bulk liquid separator. The valve would close with the pressure switch signal allowing pressure to be built, and then open with the pressure switch signal allowing the pressure to drop.

Is anyone running an hours meter? if so which one

It's working great. I haven't had any problems with compressor oil blowby, just water draining from my water traps and tanks now. I did a thorough inspection of my system a few weeks ago (since I've put about a few hundred hours on it) and found no issues with any of the new components.
That's great news! thanks for the update

821 - 830 of 830 Posts