GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tackled marcus' doubler install yesterday, ill let marcus fill everyone in, in the morning... on to the pictors!

PICT0966.jpg

PICT0967.jpg

PICT0968.jpg

PICT0971.jpg

PICT0972.jpg

PICT0973.jpg

PICT0975.jpg

PICT0976.jpg

PICT0978.jpg

PICT0979.jpg
PICT0980.jpg

PICT0982.jpg

PICT0983.jpg

PICT0984.jpg

PICT0985.jpg

PICT0986.jpg

PICT0987.jpg

PICT0989-1.jpg

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PICT0990.jpg

PICT0992.jpg

PICT0993.jpg

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all trailgear IIRC... 2.28 range box with a 4.70 twinsticked rear case

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Badass fellas! Drew you need those NBS rims like Marcus' on your truck now! :read:

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Badass fellas! Drew you need those NBS rims like Marcus' on your truck now! :read:
H2 rims on Marcus' HD = HD rims on teh 454 :secret:

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
hell yeah I'm gonna build an 83-87 pickup; 22ret, doubler, alcans, 37" km2s, and a pimp ass utility bed bobbed way back :head:

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
It's about time. And correct me if I'm wrong; with Toyota cases, "twin sticking" means they can only disconnect the front driveline making it a 2wd rear unit (like twin sticking a np203). They cant engage just the front (like a np205), right? Seems like I recall talking to my Toyota buddys about that.

Has he swapped the LokRite for a Detroit yet?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
xlnt. advanced adapters?
Trail-Gear 23 spline Inputs on both cases, Gear drive to V6 tranny adapter, and Crossmember. The used Tcase mounts are from Davez Offroad performance.

H2 rims on Marcus' HD = HD rims on teh 454 :secret:
Hmm I need $1400 for Toyo's before you can use these rims!

hell yeah I'm gonna build an 83-87 pickup; 22ret, doubler, alcans, 37" km2s, and a pimp ass utility bed bobbed way back :head:
Seems like a good rig, Lots of people like the 22RTE for hill climbs because the few pounds of boost really helps. Matter of fact Dave from Daves offroad has a rig that is Auto transmission and he claims the only reason he has it is because of the turbo. Normall the autos rob too much power from the little 4 popper!

I installed my shifters tonight and my boot on the twin stick. I am not satisfied how my crawlbox shifter came out. I had to notch to floor to make the shift be able to get into high range. Basicallay as you can see in the above pictures the conter of the shifter is on the back side of my floor boot hole. I will just make an offset/short throw shifter and get a new boot because I hacked the shit out of my stock boot. I really want my interior to look like this was a factory install.
Driveshafts are getting made this weekend by Hurricane Offroad. I am using 2.5 x .1875 DOM to fab these bad boys up. I will be adding a CV to my front shaft since the added length of my drivetrain helped in front driveshaft angle. The rear I am going to a one peice shaft to get rid of the factory 2 peice that is notorious for worn center support bearings as mine had about 1/2" of play. Can you say driveline vibs?
I am getting the rig ready for Krocks and the Dual Transfer Case install will help alot.

Transmission 1st gear = 3.83:1
Crawl box low gear = 2.28:1
Transfer case low gear = 4.7:1
Axle Gear Ratio = 5.29:1
Final Crawl Ratio= 217:1

I have a twin stick on rear case that allows 2wd lo. Toyota cases do not allow independant output control like say a NP205. With that setup i will have
hi (crawl box and transfer case in high range)
lo (crawl box in low range, transfer case in high range)
super lo (crawl box in high range trans fer case in low range)
super duper lo (both crawl box and transfer case in low range)

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
i haz no idea whats i'm lookings at :think:
I took my stock chain driven transfer case off the back of my transmission and replaced it with dual gear driven transfer cases froma 4 cylinder Toyota truck. I also twin sticked the rear tcase.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
I have a twin stick on rear case that allows 2wd lo. Toyota cases do not allow independant output control like say a NP205.
Muahahaha. I was correct. Those guys looked at me stupidly when I asked what it was like to do front digs. They asked what I was talking about and I came back with "your rear case is twinsticked...". They thought Atlas cases were the only ones with that capability. Till I schooled them on "foolsize" cases.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Daniel yes I have swapped the detroit in the front axle.

·
GMC Owner
1,466 Posts
Nice upgrade, i would suspect the dual sticked transfer case would make it better or offroading? isnt that what guys do in rock crawlers?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Nice upgrade, i would suspect the dual sticked transfer case would make it better or offroading? isnt that what guys do in rock crawlers?
Duals give you more LOWER gearing options for crawling, and the twin stick allows me to take the truck in and out of 4x4 while staying in low range. It is nice for turning when 4x4 is not needed especially with a locked front axle like I have.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts