GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a quick run to sears... needed a new water filter for the fridge and I wanted to pick up a second halogen light + tripod. Anyhoo... when I pull up theres a guy getting out of a pretty nice looking black NNBS Esky on 24's... black caddy, grill, tint, drop, etc... all around nice lookin' esky. He parked in the aisle behind me and he was dealing with pulling his two little girls out of the back seat so I didn't want to bug him.

Ran inside, got what I needed and headed back to the Blazer. On my to my ride I purposely walked up one aisle short so I could get a closer look at the esky. As I came up on it the late afternoon sun hit it and MY GAWD!! Swirled and scratched to death... not the normal stuff... like someone had tried to buff it out and didn't have a clue what they were doing. I normally wouldn't have thought much of it b/c you see stuff like this all the time: Nice ride but the owner doesn't take care of it. The thing that made me think was as nice of a ride as it was and as clean as the paint and chrome were other than the scratches it seemed the guy could use some help. So after getting to the blazer and loading my stuff up I drove back around, jumped out and stuck one of my business cards on his window. I wrote a note on the back:

"Hey man... you've got yourself a beautiful looking esky here. If you ever need help getting those scratches and swirls out gimme a call. Take it easy."

On my 10 minute drive back home my cell rings, I don't recognize the #... answer... its him... and the first words out of his mouth are "WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ASSHOLE?!?!" I didn't even know how to respond (which is unusual for me)

For the next couple of minutes he just rants on how he knows how to take care of his ride and he doesn't need some no body asshole to offer him help. Trying to be the bigger man and not sully my business' name I simply told him I was sorry I offended him and I meant it as a compliment, if he didn't need or want my services then there was no need to get heated.

He used a few more choice words before he hung up on me. I couldn't believe it.... seemed like a really out of control reaction to me. Oh well... let him drive his fuckin swirled up shitbox around... I hope his paint falls off. :pow:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
haha some people.....

ive never had someone blow up on me like that. most people know that if i leave a card, i though their car was nice but it could use some help....

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Srsly... its not like I left him a note saying:

"Your ride looks like ass... call me if you want me to try and polish that turd"

I complimented him and offered to correct a very obvious problem.

·
Bowhunter
516 Posts
You did nothing wrong. He did, though, reacting like that. All he had to do was toss your business card. I think it's likely that he knows he fucked up the paint on his new ride, and your note served as a little reminder.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
wow, what an ass. But yea, every car I look at, I cant help but stare at the swirls and scratches. its awful. Its ruined cars for me, lol. I never used to even care or know what I was looking at, but now, it just drives me freakin nuts.

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
Sucks that people are dicks like that. Oh well.
I saw a brand new, still had dealer plastic plates, Jeep Grand Cherokee with nice tint and nice after market wheels. As I pull up behind it, I think, "Damn...that's a nice looking black car, wish I had one." Then I got next to it at a light and the light from the afternoon sun hit and GOD DAMN, swirls all over...and not the small I kinda know what I'm doin scratches, but huge, deep, scary lookin stuff. Wow.

Later
Chris :head3:

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
Yet another reason why I shall never again own a black vehicle.

Yeah...the dude made an ass of himself, over-reacting like that.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Could be he thought he had finally caught one of those damn people that leave flyer's on car's in parking lot's.
I hate those people.
DONT' TOUCH MY CAR ASSHOLE!! especially not for some damn flyer..
Of course you were just trying to help,he could have been a little more cordial.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
You did nothing wrong. He did, though, reacting like that. All he had to do was toss your business card. I think it's likely that he knows he fucked up the paint on his new ride, and your note served as a little reminder.
Exactly.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have known people to hate soliciting, but damn!
But thats the thing... I wasn't trying to solicit business. The main reason for leaving the card was to compliment the truck and secondly to offer some help getting the damage out of the paint. Even in his tirade over the phone he never mentioned "I HATE SOLICITORS" it was more "I KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY RIDE!!"

·
Registered
374 Posts
I leave notes/cards on vehicles all the time like that, especially if it's a vehicle that IMO deserves a good cleanup. Hell I've even hit up a number of vehicles every time I see them around town, I figure if I stay persistent I'll get them eventually :D

Never had anyone blow up on me like that, but I've had people try and tell me how to do my job and suffocate me with their smug clouds, I usually just laugh at them and say "Wait til' I'm done, then criticize my work." Most the time those a-holes are so impressed with my work when I'm done they book me for their own vehicle :popcorn:

I had one client of mine bitch me out when I told him his F150 needed a thorough exterior detail, he kept going on and on about how he uses the Mr. Clean with it, has it waxed every 4-6 months, yada yada yada... He refused to let me buff his truck because he was worried about the clear being too thin around the edges. I told him there was nothing to worry about and that it'd look flawless when I was done. Long story short, he's my most faithful client to date :endofshow

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to your typical male Escalade driver. :D
:LOL: Sad but true

·
JEEP JUNKIE
1,480 Posts
I bet he was also a detail guy and he came out the store with his big hommie Deshawn and they was all giddy about how dope the lade was lookin after they just got done buffin it with an old curtain ,then like a 40oz bottle to the face he sees your card!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts