GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A young guy in a mini, looked like a Nissan, rolled up on me on the interstate and started playing with his switches. Ya'll so funny :crazy: .. I didn't do anything .. A) I have slow ass valves, no hopping ... B) Ive never really played with my truck while driving, not sure what it would do, didn't want to break anything.

So when I got home on the road in front of the house I messed around a bit ... I ride at 100-105psi ... aired out in the front is 50psi ... I found out anything under 80-85 psi is undriveable, front skid plate scrubs and my tires hit the fenderwells ... 85-90psi I'm tucking front tire pretty good.

Maybe when I get the back done I can play with the back some as it shouldn't rub at all once my fenderwells are rolled.

Oh well, I feel old :LOL:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
People did that to me all the time in my dually....very rarely have I done anything back....most of the times I was on the highway.

The 2 times I did I ended up railing it pretty well....kinda odd to do that in a huge ass truck....I don't really dig that feeling so much....

Cameron

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm afraid to find out the answer to this equation

Tires + 75mph + Fenderwells = ??? :bawl:

I don't think I'd like the answer :crazy:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
My friend ran out of air on a downhill 2 mile stretch of freeway (Camarillo springs) in his s-dime.. I thought the tires were gonna explode and we would go flyin.. :insane:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yoskater said:
My friend ran out of air on a downhill 2 mile stretch of freeway (Camarillo springs) in his s-dime.. I thought the tires were gonna explode and we would go flyin.. :insane:
Worst fear of course is a blow out ... what I've wondered if you have a 4-way setup and you have all the other 3 bags aired up will they sort of support the 4th .. so you could limp in .. I can't see the one will being able to go down with the other 3 up.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
bcubed said:
Worst fear of course is a blow out ... what I've wondered if you have a 4-way setup and you have all the other 3 bags aired up will they sort of support the 4th .. so you could limp in .. I can't see the one will being able to go down with the other 3 up.

thats why you practice by dragging :crazy: then when one blows just dump the rest and drag it over to the shoulder :head:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I never play with my switches goin pver 40 MPH unless it's to even out the ride. I learned a lesson. Never drag if the tires rub the inner fenders it wears out the tires more than ya think it would.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
bcubed said:
I'm afraid to find out the answer to this equation

Tires + 75mph + Fenderwells = ??? :bawl:

I don't think I'd like the answer :crazy:
:insane: I'd hate to see it too....

Well, when I lay out completely I have no rubbing at all....stock fenderwells are in place. With my low rolling diameter I have no issues with it.....

Cameron

·
Truck Nut
1,476 Posts
Playing with bags in the freeway sounds like a car weck. Maybe if you hit front and back everything is stable. But if you hit sides watch out.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Badassilverado said:
Some dood does that to me everytime I see his truck. Soon as he spots me his goes down, usually the rear or sometimes front/back. Saw the same dood getting gas once, had his bed tilted up and to the side, guess the filler neck is hidden underneath the bed.
lol... underneath the bed? Interesting

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
lol i'm almost a mini trucker... i love to play with my shit way too much. I don't lay out, so i have no problem with anthing but dragging the tranny cross memeber when i play with it.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
nope... still the stocker.. I don't really care all that much to lay out right now. I still also have my complete bed. I didn't want to cut my truck up for the chance at a trophy. Its low enough for me

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yeah I don't have a hole in my bed either, but the bedfloor is getting raised this winter and the truck is goin lower all the way around.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I don't really play with the switches much when I'm driving or parked. I have had the typical 2 linker come to a red light and hit the switches. Most of the time I ignore them or give them a thumbs up, but there's a few times that I'll hit my sides and either they dragg off or give me a thumbs up.....

·
Registered
785 Posts
well at least they give you a thumbs up ground most of the ones around here get pissed when you flex back at them

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I just let them hit thier switches I drive lower than most of them lay out so it doesn't bother me.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts