GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the way my sierra looks but I think I can do better. I wanna know what others around here think.

Some thoughts I have are getting new wheels (18x10 hulks maybe? I l want a wider stance), taking off the Z-71 sticker, and it seems like alot of people with 6 inch lifts have no step bars. (how does your wife get in the truck without them?) Maybe some stock fender flares would look good too.

My current set-up is a 6" pro-comp lift and 35x12.5-18 BFG M/T's on eagle alloy series 102 18X9.5.

Here are some pics I welcome all your suggestions. Thanks everyone.

950327592303_0_ALB.jpg

431917592303_0_ALB.jpg

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Nice truck and welcome to the site!

Mazzi hulks and some painted factory fender flares would help the stance. Clear headlights/corner lights, factory painted door handles and mirror covers. If your wife insists on steps maybe some N-Fab's or if you got the $$$ a set of AMP's.

Your truck looks the same color as mine, that or it's "dirty" black.

Sierra014.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JMC

Thanks for the reply, where can I get some painted mirror caps?

You got a killer looking truck, nice job!!

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Thanks!

I bought mine from a guy on eBay.

Not the same guy but I found this seller that claims to have other colors and here's someone else.

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
I would get some 14.5 or 15.5s on a set of 10" wheels. I hate the look of the 12.5s. They look like pizza cutters. I would also get some flairs. Keep the Nerf bars. Keep the sticker and clear the front lights.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Ditch the nerf bars and get some Kodiak Sidewinder's. I had those on my truck and it made it soooo much easier to get in. Wider stance will look good too IMO

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
I like it. I'd get rid of the bars, side molding, stickers, and badging, then maybe add some clear corners and escy handles. That would clean it up a ton with almost no money spent.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I take the sticker and badges off, would there be any marks or fading around those areas? Same if I took the side molding off, would it leave fading marks?

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
your truck is new enough that you shouldn't have any issues. You will have some adhesive to clean up, but thats about it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Yank the Z71 sticker, clear the headlights and signals, get some painted mirror caps, lose the step bars (btw, to answer your question, every time the wife gets in the truck it's a free ass squeeze for you! :p), and do the Hulks with bigger fender flares.

Oh, and I'd leave the GMC side molding. Its just enough contrast to look good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do the Hulk Mazzi have a peeling problem?? Maybe I should go with the eagle serie 064??

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
I would ditch the molding, and the nerf bars. Two free mods that will change the entire look of the truck. Then go for the sidwinder steps. I'm waiting for those right now, and have to listen to everyone bitch about getting in until then.

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
i agree with the consensus. debade and sticker and get rid of the bars if possible and you got a very clean truck! maybe get some painted mirror caps?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the input.

I have a question about wheels. my current wheels are 18x9.5 and stick out about 1/2" past the fenders.I wouldn't mind if they stuck out about a 1" total, I think that looks good. I have found two wheels that I really like, one is the KMC Hoss and the other is of course the Hulks. the KMC's are 18X9 and the Hulks are 18x10. Would the KMC's pull the tire into the fender too much and also make the BFG muds look too skinny? What wheel would look better with my BFG's and my truck?? I asked for some photoshop help over in the photoshop forum, but I have had no luck, maybe someone could hook it up? Let me know what everyone thinks about the two wheels and how they would look with my truck and tires. I have heard the Hulks have a peeling problem, does anyone know about this?

Thanks, Jake

KMC Hoss
6971_1.jpg

Mazzi Hulks
ca_2.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ended up ordering the Mazzi Hulks today from Tom Z Wheels for a smokin price of 625.00 shipped for 18x10's. i'll post pics next week once they are on the truck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts