GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B&M Shift Improver Kit vs Transgo SK for the 4l60e...............

Which has the firmer shift? I want neck snapping.....I am also going to install a vette servo.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I guess I'll describe the kits to ya lol

B&M - Seperator plate basically, firm shifts, doesn't fix VB problems or anything inherent. About $40

SK - Rebuilds the VB for durability so it'll last. You can make this setup to shift firm with larger feed holes (I have a copy of the sheet), larger boost valve, and heavier accumulator springs. About $40, then add boost valve like $25, and $10 for the accumulator springs so then you're around $75.

PSK/HD2 - Best setup, gives durability and firm shifts. Has parts like the SK does to make it durable but all the performance upgrades to make it kickass. This kit is about $80 from TPUSA.

That help some? :think:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hit Man X said:
I guess I'll describe the kits to ya lol

B&M - Seperator plate basically, firm shifts, doesn't fix VB problems or anything inherent. About $40

SK - Rebuilds the VB for durability so it'll last. You can make this setup to shift firm with larger feed holes (I have a copy of the sheet), larger boost valve, and heavier accumulator springs. About $40, then add boost valve like $25, and $10 for the accumulator springs so then you're around $75.

PSK/HD2 - Best setup, gives durability and firm shifts. Has parts like the SK does to make it durable but all the performance upgrades to make it kickass. This kit is about $80 from TPUSA.

That help some? :think:
Definitely....I think I may hold off until I can afford the HD2 kit. Seems like I would be cuttin' corners with the B&M Kit.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
revolution said:
what exactly is the difference between the HD2 kit and the basic transgo sk

From what I gather...

Heaver 1-2, 3-4 accumulator springs for the HD2
Heavier springs for the Std or 'Vette servo (they go inside it)
Drill bits for shift firmness
Larger boost valve (.500 vs prolly .427)

Basically parts to take it from only a durability setup to a durability and performance setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts