GMC Truck Forum banner

84861 - 84880 of 84953 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sierra 1500 SLT 4x4 - 6" BDS Coil Overs w/ DSA's & Fox 2.0's - 305/55/20 TA KO2's on Stockers
129 Posts
I would have watched a video of how stupid you looked making that photo

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: heysoos

·
Registered
7 Posts

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE:

Finally an update on the truck. I finally got around to installing the Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts and rear shocks. The Bilstein’s are set at the highest setting and a .5” top mount strut spacer came with the kit, through it in as well for a little more height in the front. The rear has 2” drop shackles installed and I couldn’t find my stock shackles laying around so I just left the drop shackles. I believe the rear shocks are a little bit stiff/bouncy. I love the Lean so I’m thinking about buying some rear shock extenders to see if that smooths out the rear suspension just a tad. The truck rides amazing. Doesn’t shake the entire interior of the truck anymore when driving on poor roads. They’re everywhere in Dallas, TX. Smh.

Ended up going with 285/55/20 Venom Power Terra Hunter X/T because my local tire shop had them in stock and they were the best priced. Paid $800 otd for brand new tires, mount & balance (First Discount in Garland; off of S First St. Tell him TJ sent you.) Anyway the tires look great, feel great and ride great. Not to mention the road noise isn’t bad at all. No rubbing or scrubbing anywhere. (Didn’t have to cut, trim or not cal mod) PLUS PLUS PLUS The tires have a 50k mile treadlife.

Also I have a great, reliable mobile detailer in the DFW area. Lmk if you need a mobile detailer for anytime, anywhere.

I’m planning on doing Full Bolt On’s with a Tune next with JPP in Rowlett, TX. I still have a couple more parts to order then get my appointment setup with Justin. Won’t be for another 2-3 months.

What do you guys think I should do to the truck next? I wanting to eventually run a mid travel kit up front with Lift Spindles & Coilovers. I appreciate any feedback and recommendations.

Thanks Guys, TJ (Formally known as 07CCSB with the brown crew cab chrome and candy teal FTS lift etc.)

·
Some dude on the internet
642 Posts
UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE:

Finally an update on the truck. I finally got around to installing the Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts and rear shocks. The Bilstein’s are set at the highest setting and a .5” top mount strut spacer came with the kit, through it in as well for a little more height in the front. The rear has 2” drop shackles installed and I couldn’t find my stock shackles laying around so I just left the drop shackles. I believe the rear shocks are a little bit stiff/bouncy. I love the Lean so I’m thinking about buying some rear shock extenders to see if that smooths out the rear suspension just a tad. The truck rides amazing. Doesn’t shake the entire interior of the truck anymore when driving on poor roads. They’re everywhere in Dallas, TX. Smh.

Ended up going with 285/55/20 Venom Power Terra Hunter X/T because my local tire shop had them in stock and they were the best priced. Paid $800 otd for brand new tires, mount & balance (First Discount in Garland; off of S First St. Tell him TJ sent you.) Anyway the tires look great, feel great and ride great. Not to mention the road noise isn’t bad at all. No rubbing or scrubbing anywhere. (Didn’t have to cut, trim or not cal mod) PLUS PLUS PLUS The tires have a 50k mile treadlife.

Also I have a great, reliable mobile detailer in the DFW area. Lmk if you need a mobile detailer for anytime, anywhere.

I’m planning on doing Full Bolt On’s with a Tune next with JPP in Rowlett, TX. I still have a couple more parts to order then get my appointment setup with Justin. Won’t be for another 2-3 months.

What do you guys think I should do to the truck next? I wanting to eventually run a mid travel kit up front with Lift Spindles & Coilovers. I appreciate any feedback and recommendations.

Thanks Guys, TJ (Formally known as 07CCSB with the brown crew cab chrome and candy teal FTS lift etc.)

Pretty sure I've seen you around a time or 2 (recognized the supreme sticker). Also in Garland here.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
I would have watched a video of how stupid you looked making that photo

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Probably looked pretty fucking retarded 😂

Reactions: J-man67 and heysoos

·
The great white Canadian
1,676 Posts

Playing in the garage over the last few weeks, got the oil changed in the bike, quad and lawn mower. Cleaned the work bench, and got started on fabricating the rear fender of the bike. Gotta start figuring out a seat plan and what I'm going to do with the tank.

·
Super Moderator
6,108 Posts

Traded the Impreza for a fancy forester. This whole auto driving system is going to spoil me.

·
Registered
2017 Sierra 1500 SLT 4x4 - 6" BDS Coil Overs w/ DSA's & Fox 2.0's - 305/55/20 TA KO2's on Stockers
129 Posts
View attachment 872886
Playing in the garage over the last few weeks, got the oil changed in the bike, quad and lawn mower. Cleaned the work bench, and got started on fabricating the rear fender of the bike. Gotta start figuring out a seat plan and what I'm going to do with the tank.
Nice truck

·
The great white Canadian
1,676 Posts

I was finally able to leave my house today, quarantine over. Took the truck for groceries and gas. It's warm, but raining so it'll have to wait for a bath, which it is in dire need of.

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,277 Posts
Pics and if anyone is interested...

Hit another milestone and doing what this truck does best.... refueling! It tows quite well too. The 5.3 is running like a top. Still catch-can less, but maybe I should add one still. Debating. This truck has never used 6th gear. I've only driven it in M5, tow mode, traction off. It's the most fun mode imo and kept it from 4cyl. I know the internals still move and exist but hated feeling it in 4cyl mode and now it would drone and be more annoying with exhaust (muffler)

Anyway, no seat tears, no faded interior anything, everything works. No rust, major body damage. Thought for sure the rear slider window that I use daily would have broken in some fashion, but still operates fine. Had to replace a few major things, but I drive hard and tow often so they were expected. Overall this truck has been fuggin amazing. Still drives and feels like a newer truck. I was looking at new gas 2500s recently, but I've decided to just drive this thing into the ground. I've allotted one more major repair, but we'll see.

Just did the math on fuel cost so far... $37,xxx spent. Faaaack. 15 mpg life average. 3.73s w/ 6spd and 33s and towing.

Replaced brakes 1st time at 75k

Replaced battery, spark plugs/wires at 115k

Installed intake and welded in Magnaflow

Replaced A/C system at 125k - known issue/leaked

Replaced alternator at 132k - spun bearing

Replaced brakes 2nd time 145k

Trans rebuild at 165k (neglected to change filter and fluid and hard use) torque converter failed

Wheel bearing (passenger side) at 195k

Replaced brakes 3rd time at 195k

Did level, rear AAL, rear shocks at 100k but other than bearing, front end is original and tight/in spec.

Changed oil between 5-9k using full syn and good filters, fresh air filters every 40k.

Think that's it. On my way to 250k and beyond. It's just my daily commuter now with occasional work use but I'm not in the field much anymore.

20210109_181729.jpg
20210109_181606.jpg
20210111_123822.jpg
20210103_094210.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,818 Posts
That truck has gotten the piss driven out of it

Reactions: J-man67

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,818 Posts
Went on a big ride yesterday, needless to say my winch is tired lol. Only got stuck once but was constantly pulling my buddies out. My grizzly was by far the oldest and cheapest but it did better than most of the cam-am and Polaris guys I was riding with.

84861 - 84880 of 84953 Posts