GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this kit even exist? What is the best place to get one if they are available.

I know they are available for a 2wd, but not seeing one for a 4wd.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Coils for the rear and there are a few options for the front. There are drop keys, drop spindles(Mcg or belltech) and djm lca's.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
And btw the suspension on 2wd and 4wd is all the same for yukons/tahoes as long as it is nbs.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
and btw timsonlinesuspension on here can give you a better deal on mcgaughy's parts. NorcalSS will give you a good deal on djm parts.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Does anyone know how hard it is to put the DJM lower control arms on? Or the torsion keys!
If you have never done it, like I think you haven't, I suggest having someone that has present. You will need a tool to load/unload torsion bars. Have to remove front axle and spindle to get the LCA out if it's anything like my 03 Silverado Z71.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
The LCA's are pretty easy if you know what your doing. Basically just taking stuff apart and putting it back together with new parts. Keys are cake as long as you have the right tool to unload and load the torsion bars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, a couple more questions!

1. Is the 3/5 drop gonna ride like azz on 22's?

2. Will 24's fit with a 3/5 drop and not rub, or what needs to be done so they don't rub?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ok, a couple more questions!

1. Is the 3/5 drop gonna ride like azz on 22's?

2. Will 24's fit with a 3/5 drop and not rub, or what needs to be done so they don't rub?
Yeah it will. It's not so much the suspension mods its the tire.

There is much less tire (i.e. sidewall) to absorb the road. I would get spindles since they keep the steering and basic suspension geometry the same.

I am seriously going to re-think my drop when I get a Denali.

Here's Nicks Tahoe with a 3/5 and 24's ...... hope you don't mind I whored your Hoe Nick!

CIMG8030.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, so either way its gonna ride like azz....My buddy has a 02 GMC with 22's and it rides a little rougher, but didn't know if the drop was going to hurt the ride quality much. How Does that tahoe pictured ride? Or who is the owner so i can talk to him about it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts