GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to put this post, hope this is okay..

Ive read about Z06 brake swaps into nbs silverados, mainly the SS Silverados. Anyone know if everythings the same for a 2010??

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
For the cost of the callipers, pads rotors lines etc, For nit much more you can get the Wilwood 16" kit

·
4,725 Posts
I would absolutely choose a caliper meant for whatever rotor you choose. A c6z caliper will not be it in any scenario given your bolt pattern.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You get rotors for a truck not a corvette.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Theres a guy on silveradoss.com that sells the bracket, as far as them being able to fit on 07+ idk. I should of taken mine off my old SS when i sold it.

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
the kit can be used. the bracket mounts the same between NBS and NNBS.
You just need 15" baer rotors to couple with the calipers. as for being the same price as Wilwood kit, that's not true.
both front calipers-$500
caliper pins-$110
brake pads-$90
Baer 15" rotors-$500
Brackets-$150
Total $1350

Wilwood kit-$2150

I can honestly say that its worth saving the $800 because the Z06 setup is way more stopping power than I need and the fitment was great
IMG_9334_zps72998f11.jpg

·
4,725 Posts
You get rotors for a truck not a corvette.
:crazy: i know that. I am referring to the diameter of the bolt pattern. The point being that the padlets or pads will not have the exact radiused size as a 6 lug truck. Tukn's actually looks pretty good compared to the haggard contraptions posted here in the past.

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
:crazy: i know that. I am referring to the diameter of the bolt pattern. The point being that the padlets or pads will not have the exact radiused size as a 6 lug truck. Tukn's actually looks pretty good compared to the haggard contraptions posted here in the past.
the C6 Z06 corvettes have 14" rotors, but with the way the brackets have to be made, you have to run the 15" rotors in order for them to be used on the trucks. You could use the 14" rotors but the caliper would look really spaced out.

·
4,725 Posts
The 14" rotor setup you mention is prob the haggard junk i am referencing. Only half of the padlet surface was actually engaging the rotor. Purely a function of the hat diameter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts