GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of a z71 around the year 2006 that has a 6" suspension and a 3" body lift? I have a 6" suspension lift but I am getting a 3" body lift on top of that and am trying to figure out about how tall it will be and If I will need to go up to 37" instead of 35" tires. Any help appreciated thanks. Also how much louder will it make my truck to gut the cats? I have already deleted the muffler. Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
Google 6+3 Silverado and a bunch of pictures will come up. As far as 37s vs 35s it depends on preference and what wheels you are running. I'm on 35s but with 20x12s and spacers. People run narrower wheels and 37s all the time though.

Gutted cats will make it slightly louder but raspier also

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Plz go.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Leave the cats please it will sound like shit and like 02 sierra says Google will find plenty

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dude don't, I did when I was in high school, thinking it was cool shit but then you get tired of it, sounds like.shit, it's obnoxious, and not to mention at least where I am from, trouble with the law..also do a 7 and 1.5" body imo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude don't, I did when I was in high school, thinking it was cool shit but then you get tired of it, sounds like.shit, it's obnoxious, and not to mention at least where I am from, trouble with the law..also do a 7 and 1.5" body imo.
Alright, what if I just removed front two cats, and I would love to do 7" and 1.5" but I only have a 6" suspension lift and it was a pain in the a** to put on and I don't wanna do that again and certainly don't wanna pay labor when I can do it myself

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Sooo, does he have a NBS or a NNBS?? cant tell cause one thread is directed towards NNBS and the other two and for NBS... or he doesn't have the truck yet and planning out what to do with one once he gets it?
Nbs and I do have a truck

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I have heard of trucks with 6+3 but never seen one in person

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
post pics when you break that myth. I don't think its doable but you be the first to try

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Threads like this are doomed to fail right off the get go.

IMO, do a 1.5" Zone body lift.

What kind of "6 inch suspension lift" do you have? Rough Country, Zone, BDS, RCD, Cognito, Bulletproof, CST, Tuff Country, superlift, etc....???? As not all are equals.

What size wheels/tires you running now?

And If its, say a 6" Rough Country (really a 5" - 7" lift), put on a 1.5" Zone body lift, and either run a nice 20 x 10 or 20x12 wheel are a 35 x 12.50 x 20, or run a 20 x 9 and a 37 x 12.50 x 20.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,896 Posts
:big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance:

·
Banned
366 Posts
I don't like that one lift.

·
Registered
900 Posts
20140704_193643.jpg

Here's mine with a 6 inch fabtech set at about 5-5.5 and 1.5 body lift. Add another couple of inches to that

1 - 20 of 52 Posts