GMC Truck Forum banner

Z71 airdamn installed pics in an hour

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ryguy 
#1 ·
I installed the z71 airdamn that i got from Josh. It looks awesome Foglights are not hooked up but ohh well atleast it looks cool i will post pics in about an hour.

? My truck did not come with foglights. What is the best way to hook them up Josh said that i should just wire them into my parking lights that way i can still turn them off when i want to and at night they will always be on. My biggest ? is where do i get the wiring that plugs in to back of the foglight. Does gm sell this seprately or do i have to go to a junk yard or is there any one on ebay that sells this kit. I would love to have it all look factory with the factory switch but i can settle with anything really. so if any one has hooked up fog lights to a non foglight truck please tell what you did thanks

#2 ·
I always thought the best way to hook them up is with a relay ... you run a power wire to the relay, and then a wire to the foglight ... then from the relay a wire runs to the switch .. this way the switch isn't receiving the full power, sort of like a kickon switch works on an amp.

As for the plug, I would hop you wouldn't have to get a whole wiring harness ... if you could get to a wrecked Z-71 you could cut the ends off ... are you using factory foglights or just some round ones from an auto store?

#3 ·
Factory foglights. trying find a wrecked Z71 tahoe is going to be very hard. I dont know if the connection that plugs in to the back of the foglight is the same as every other nbs gm truck does anybody know

#4 ·
Blue02 said:
Factory foglights. trying find a wrecked Z71 tahoe is going to be very hard. I dont know if the connection that plugs in to the back of the foglight is the same as every other nbs gm truck does anybody know
Take a picture of it when you take the rest ... if you go to an auto parts store and see what bulb it takes, you might could cross reference it with other vehicles .. you might find out some crummy car you could find in the junkyward uses the same bulb, which would mean it uses the same socket for the wiring.

#7 ·
From what i can see on the bulb it says 221 and below that it it says 130 i dont want to have to unscrew the nuts to get it off atleast not right now. Once Josh or anyone else that has the z71 airdamn comes across this they will prob know

#8 ·
they use the same plug as any other 99-2002 chevy foglight. the plug changed in 2003. i didnt realize you dont have factory foglights until we got to the show. i used to have extra plugs for those lights. they were in the red truck, and got thrown in a box when i traded it in. if i can find them, i will send you them. it is best to put them on a relay as mentioned above. you can make the parking lights a trigger, and they will work just like we were talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.