GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 2000 z71 silverado i cranked up the torsion bars and was wondering if there is anything else i could do cheaply besides a body lift to get 2 or 3 more inches so i can fit a bigger tire

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Take the bed and fenders off.:crazy:

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
Im truly sorry but BUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 one
ROFL!!

But in all seriousness, cranking your torsions is a shitty way to lift your truck:imo. I've done it, and all you'll get is problems in the long run. There's nothing wrong with body lifts if done right. If you get a 3" body lift, make sure you get the gap guards (and nerf bars if you don't like the frame hanging out)

EDIT: i see you have already cranked your bars. Well, other than a body lift/suspension lift, there's not much you can do. You can get cut out flares, but if you're gonna hack your truck, you may as well get a body lift.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has anybody ever had trouble with a 3 inch body lift on there chevy and do u recomend 2 or 3 inches
what is the price comparison of 3 inch body lift and a 3 inch suspension
what would it cost for a 3 inch body lift installed

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
3" body lift is cheap and relativly easy to put on, 3ooks pretty good actually on 1500's, just makes em look like and HD. If you don't like all the fram showing then just get some nfabs

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
has anybody ever had trouble with a 3 inch body lift on there chevy and do u recomend 2 or 3 inches
what is the price comparison of 3 inch body lift and a 3 inch suspension
what would it cost for a 3 inch body lift installed
No problems with mine and Ive abused the truck pretty hard. I had Tim at T&R install it for $425 bucks which is a pretty good price and he does clean work.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
put 315's on it how it is now... There tight... but they fit. If you put a 3" body lift on... then some 37's will fit too... but only on stock rims.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I wouldnt take the cheap route of doing things, b/c that will lead to problems and replacing shit later on. If your looking for minor lift than a body lift is the way to go IMO. Your suspension is unaltered at all. Its just spacers between the body and frame.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts