GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I just bought my first silverado (not my first chevy) traded in my 01 ram for a 2006 crew cab 5.3 z71. what options did the z71 come with i know it has skid plates i can see them and i think they come with a locking rear differential anyone know anything else? how many hp is the lm7 5.3?

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
i just went yesterday to build my 08 HD, the z71 package was locking diff (G80, Skid plates, nitrogen bumpstops( sweet!), and bigger shocks. I know the OBS z71 i think had Bilstein shocks in the package.

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
I thought the Z came with a tranny cooler, and some kind of tow package

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
the z71 package for the nbs is just skid plates, locking rear diff. and edelbrock shocks and of course the stick on the back lol.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,515 Posts
you have an iron block 5.3 with 290 or 295 i can't remember

·
Registered
343 Posts
Iron block is 295 335 i believe, and alum is 310 335 i believe.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Not all Zs have the locking diff, and it's not necessarily a good thing if you do. Check your codes... it will say G80 right on it if you do or not...

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
I think my Z71 came with a tranny cooler but no hitch. Not that it's necessarily part of the Z71 package, just strange on gm's part.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
There are too many options to list. read all the codes and decode it. Those tell you everyhting about your truck.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
For my 01, Z-71 meant that it was four wheel drive, had some extra skid plates, and some more off road friendly shocks. The differential, tranny cooler, tow package, and everything else were just additional options.

On the 2007's Chevy messed up and made the Z-71 for two wheel drive trucks as well. Just like Ford's FX2. I hate that they are doing that now, everyone just wants a _______ sticker on the rear quarter panel now. Z-71 and FX4 should be for four wheel drive vehicles only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts